Smack Talkin’

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Smack Talkin’

Every year folks talk smack about going to Bownanza and then they don’t show. That was me some years back.

Come to Bownanza and quit talking about coming. Everyone there is a friend even if you haven’t met before. Free food and plenty of visiting with like minded folks. Lots of regulars will show. We all ought to be regulars.

Join a team if you like, or just show up! Put your name in the name tag list and be one of the cool kids!

Didn't you marry the Mayor? You say that like you have a choice. LOL
    I agree. I've been to 3 and hope to make more.

Comment

I missed the one where Jason Prosser was fry-n up mnt oysters. Miss that feller! That might have been #2 or #3. But came the following year on "Team plate, fork, and knives", as well as "team Ice tea". Later joined "Team Were's the Beef" for a couple years. There were hotdogs and steaks served there on Barnical Bill's pit. Then "Team Fish Head" was formed in 2008.

As I remember Legdog describing it one time: (unquote) "it's like a Woodstock for bowhunters."

I also remember a wild hog be-n skint in the parking lot and put on a rotisserie. The rotisserie was there for a couple of years. And I remember on another instance at the pre-party, another live piglet getting loose in the hotel parking lot that made it's way to the A&M University. I guess it was going to get an education? Or the feller that got stuck in the elevator who is now member "Justletmeout" (hey Chris! ).

There have been lots of fun memories made at Bownanza over the years.

Comment

Listen to Kevin.

In my 60 years of stumbling around on this planet, I’ve learned a few things. If you give stuff away for free, people will eventually take it for granted. Bownanza was born to provide a TBH event where everyone was welcome. You know, the ultimate gate pass for all. People could pitch in with cooking skills, cash to support a teams expenses or by just showing up with nothing more than a smile. A handful of years ago attendance at Bownanza peaked. I’m not sure why but I suspect if Michael had made it more exclusive with an entry fee or some kind of restricted access, more interest would exist today. Funny how that works.

Of course, I could be very wrong.

Come prove me wrong.

One thing I know to be true, we should all carve time out of our busy lives to see people at least once a year who care about going outside to play. Remember, tomorrow is not guaranteed.

Comment

I would come..
          But, it's always, on the other side of the planet..

Comment

Originally posted by sailor View Post
            I would come..
            But, it's always, on the other side of the planet..
            It's also opening day of turkey season

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Hoggslayer View Post
              Didn't you marry the Mayor? You say that like you have a choice. LOL
              I agree. I've been to 3 and hope to make more.

This seems like a forced post doesn’t it Mike?

I am undecided if we are going or not. I want to go, but I also want to fish y neighborhood bass tournament. [emoji2371]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I probably won't be there. Sorry to disappoint.

Is that smack?

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

"Honey, why don't you post a thread encouraging people to attend Bownanza."

"Yes dear."

Comment

Did I miss the name tag thread?

Comment

Originally posted by Leonhogboy View Post
                      "Honey, why don't you post a thread encouraging people to attend Bownanza."

"Yes dear."
                      My gosh, that’s funny.

I’d go to Bownanza if someone would ask about my schedule. (Smack)

Comment

Originally posted by Jon B View Post
                        Did I miss the name tag thread?
                        Bownanza 2022 thread that only pops up if you know the secret code.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishndude View Post
                          Bownanza 2022 thread that only pops up if you know the secret code.
                          If we are trying to promote Bownanza, you would think the Bownanza 2022 thread with teams and nametags would be visible without the P&Y code.

The hype machine is broken.

Comment

Smack Talkin’

I’m not sure “talk smack” or “smack talkin’” is the correct word(s) usage here. [emoji23][emoji23].

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
                              I probably won't be there. Sorry to disappoint.

Is that smack?

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
                              More of a relief.

Comment

Working...
                              X