Petition Opposing Making DMU21 firearm.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Petition Opposing Making DMU21 firearm.

Please help us keep our counties archery only. Thank you in advance.

Keep Collin, Dallas, Grayson, and Rockwall Counties Archery Only

So how many threads are on this topic now? 6?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Nice electronic signature option for any who can’t get to an actual physical petition.

Comment

Gotta hand it to you DMU21 elites, you're persistent if nothing else...

Comment

on top of not allowing rifle use, they should ban the use of Crossbows as well.

I'm sorry, I know this is not what many Crossbow users on here want to read/hear, but Crossbow should not be considered "Archery" heck, even a Compound bow is pushing it in my opinion.

Comment

Signed!

Comment

I'm so against taking away gun rights, that I would never sign anything like this.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Lee View Post
                I'm so against taking away gun rights, that I would never sign anything like this.
                I don't think it is, or at least I don't see how it's "Gun Rights" related! but you may see something I don't!!!

Comment

The petition isn't "taking away" anything, firearms for whitetail doesn't exist today for those counties.

Comment

Originally posted by ATI View Post
                    I don't think it is, or at least I don't see how it's "Gun Rights" related! but you may see something I don't!!!
                    I just came in to mix up the pot a little... These guys are passionate about this. I guess if I had a dog in the fight I would be too.

Comment

I just came in to mix up the pot a little... These guys are passionate about this. I guess if I had a dog in the fight I would be too.
                      BL, sometimes good to stir the pot.

I could care less about Collin, Dallas, and Rockwall counties. I do care about Grayson, particularly Hagerman.

I could concede on a limited firearm season, youth/antlerless/spike in an attempt to manage the herd better, but for antlered deer- no.

I have heard (unofficially) that on public land in Grayson, it is impossible to manage the herd via archery only, particularly on the largest block of semi-public land. So, increase the number of drawn archery hunts, and/or limited firearm youth/antlerless/spike.

Some may say keep Hagerman as-is, and open the remainder of the county, not so fast hoss, the USFWS was pressured into following the TPWD system/rules- hence the hunts are now advertised and drawn via the once-in-a-lifetime TPWD draw system. At what point would the USFWS be pressured into abiding with the firearm season.

My 5 cents, it would be give and inch- and they will take a mile. Keep it as-is, that is what made it special.

Comment

Originally posted by ATI View Post
                        on top of not allowing rifle use, they should ban the use of Crossbows as well.

I'm sorry, I know this is not what many Crossbow users on here want to read/hear, but Crossbow should not be considered "Archery" heck, even a Compound bow is pushing it in my opinion.
                        Take modern archery equipment off the table also ! No compound bow , no X-bow , no baiting
                        “ in for a penny- in for a pound “ if they want a vote

Comment

Originally posted by S-3 Ranch View Post
                          Take modern archery equipment off the table also ! No compound bow , no X-bow , no baiting
                          I'd go for it, same as MAAP.

Comment

Originally posted by S-3 Ranch View Post

Bingo. Also no camo, trail cams, google maps, or scent control products. Oh and no metal tree stands either.

The "my type of hunting is better than your type of hunting" is a never ending **** measuring contest that goes nowhere. Generally speaking, I'm for more people hunting than less. That's the best thing long-term for our sport, despite it horning in on my dreams to have 1,000 acres that I get to hunt by myself simply by knocking on the landowners door.

Comment

Originally posted by Razorback01 View Post
                              The petition isn't "taking away" anything, firearms for whitetail doesn't exist today for those counties.
                              Antis already view guns as only necessary in a hunting capacity.

"Why do hunters even need guns? They can bow hunt just like Grayson county hunters do."

Comment

Working...
                              X