Northwest of Brady

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Northwest of Brady

Looking at a property in the next couple weeks a few miles northwest of Brady and north of Melvin. Place has lots of shinoak and some live oak. I am unfamiliar with the area. Does anyone hunt this area or know the area? I've hunted a lease near Voca, TX in the past and deer numbers were outstanding, but I've never been in the shin oak country. How is this area?
    Attached Files

Use to drive through that area right after I joined the Army but that was back in 2004 from Ft Hood to Sweetwater. Use to see lots of deer through that area just dont remember seeing any monster bucks

Comment

Hmmmmm… yes, I hunt the area I inside the red oval….

Comment

You just circled Brady mountain. Lots of big landowners in your circle including a huge windmill farm.

Lots of deer. Few exotics.

Comment

Its been alot of years used to hunt right at saltgap Lots of deer back then most better deer were in 120s we killed couple in 140s and one in 150s.

Comment

Im just south of 87, plenty of deer and some axis sometimes too.

Comment

I hunted highest point on Brady Mntn 23 years ago. Tons of deer! But biggest back then were 120's.

Comment

Looks like good country. I’ve always heard good things about that area

Comment

I hunt about 5 miles or so from that circle. Tons of deer. See quite a few axis around our place but never in it for some reason

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Tons of deer, decent size on the right properties. When I hunted there 4 years ago saw quite a few axis, never saw a shooter though

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	F29D0868-CB82-4195-9F19-576B5CCDF04A.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	514.1 KB
ID:	24658308

Killed this low fence deer a little north of there, close to Doole TX.

Comment

We’re just down the road in Eden. Solid deer numbers that average about 130 with the potential to get in the 150s if you manage right.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I was on a lease right near there, Jones Cattle Co. for 5 years. With what I experienced the seasons spent out there and the animals I got to take, I'd buy in the area in a heart beat.

Deer numbers were decent, Turkey numbers were through the roof, quail seen often but never hunted, dove opener was always good over the tanks, quite a few hogs and we hammered them often. McCulloch County is where I'd like to end up, or Richland Springs/San Saba area.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

I hunted that area for several year and thought it was great too. I would buy there if possible

Comment

Shakedown that's a stud of a buck, congrats. Thanks for all the responses.

Comment

Working...
                              X