Best camera similar to Ring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best camera similar to Ring

I am looking for cameras similar to Ring but a little less pricey. The two cameras I have really don't work for what I want unless you subscribe to their service which would be 20 a month for two cameras. All get is a 10 second clip and I can look live. I want a camera similar to Ring that you get a good video. Or do I need to bite the bullet and buy the Ring Camera. TIA

I have Ring Cameras setup at home and at the farm. They can be pricey at the initial setup, but their cloud service is $100/ year (which isn’t bad).

FWIW - I prefer the POI wired cameras to their wireless cameras. Running CAT 5 isn’t difficult if you have easy access to your attic.

Comment

YI home security camera from Amazon. It is wired, so It needs a plug. Stores to a removable micro disc. Can see live from phone. You can get alerts on phone too. We just taped a few to the window facing out. Cheap and it works for us.

Comment

Blink cameras. Available on Amazon. great picture quality and the outdoor ones are even battery operated with an amazing battery life.

Comment

SimpliSafe is a good option to consider. Very affordable to put an entire security system in you home via self-install in addition to the doorbell. They are lacking in outdoor mounted cameras and lighting however if that’s also of interest.

Comment

Vivant is another

Comment

Reolink at our house, 6 camera system with the ability to add 2 more. Current pic of pool.
              Attached Files

Comment

I have Ring. The front doorbell camera and a floodlight camera for my back patio. I also have the WiFi extender.
                I called Ring direct and negotiated with them. I can't remember what I paid but they came off the hardware quite a bit and also gave me 12 months free service.
                You might try that, it may surprise you what they will do for you.
                I am very happy with the product and service.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

We have Remo doorbell. Doorbell is like $90 and you get free.

High-Quality HD Video (1536x1536)
                  180° Field of View
                  Custom Motion Detection Zones
                  Free 3-Day Rolling Cloud Storage
                  Live View On Demand
                  Two-Way Talk
                  Night Vision
                  Weather Resistant
                  Motion Activated Alerts to your smart device
                  Works with Alexa, Google Assistant, and IFTTT

Or you can upgrade for $30 a year and get 30-Day Rolling Cloud Storage

I have done a bunch of research on this and Remo wins.

We have had it over a year and it works great and we are on the free plan.

Comment

I have 5 blink cams on my house. Purchased on Amazon cheap. Easy setup and easy App. I have mine set up on 5sec clips and can look in live anytime. They run on 2 AA lithium batteries and usually last about 6-7 months before I have to change batteries (this is only on the 2 by my garage and front door with all the traffic). The one in the backyard goes over a year on the batteries. No wires, no subscriptions

Comment

Thanks I will be looking into these.

Comment

I use Nest cameras/doorbell.

They just released new camera and doorbells camera, or announced and I believe ship at the end of the month.

I've used Nest for years and since Google purchased them a few years ago I've seen an improvement in their product and cloud services.

Comment

Originally posted by DZM View Post
                          I have 5 blink cams on my house. Purchased on Amazon cheap. Easy setup and easy App. I have mine set up on 5sec clips and can look in live anytime. They run on 2 AA lithium batteries and usually last about 6-7 months before I have to change batteries (this is only on the 2 by my garage and front door with all the traffic). The one in the backyard goes over a year on the batteries. No wires, no subscriptions
                          How can you look in live without the monthly subscription?

Comment

Arlo

Comment

Working...
                            X