No announcement yet.

Active shooter in Uvalde

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Evil CAN NOT be stopped. But it can be deterred, or limited. How do we make that happen? Secure the schools, and arm teachers just a thought.
    We have become a SOFT America, that is just the truth.

Comment

Reports are SRO interacted with the shooter after he killed his grandmother but they did not prevent him from entering the school.

My ?’s are:

Why were the outside doors not locked or secured if this is how he entered the school?
      Why were the classroom doors not locked?

Sounds to me like he walked right into the building and classroom.

Lots of questions but will they ever be answered?

Prayers for Uvalde!

Comment

As many have stated, it's a mutifaceted problem in our society. Both the hard left and hard right will run to their corners and spew the same old tired crap and at the end of the day, nothing gets better.

Nobody in the political arena wants to address the root causes of these problems.

With that said, after all of the previous school shooting incidents in this country, why the heck are these schools not more secure? I'm not necessarily talking about arming teachers. I'm talking about exterior doors and even classroom doors being locked, controlled and secure entry/exit points, security guards, etc. These districts can spend bond money to build mult-million dollar football stadiums, but they don't even have the means to secure a school? Sure, I understand some high schools are like college campuses and that is not necessarily possible, however, an armed intruder being able to gain access to an elemetary school; there an administrative break down there and it needs to be fixed. The administrators should be answering questions as to why. Seems most the time, they just point the finger, blame guns, lack of funding, whatever. These admins should also be held accountable.

Prayers sent for all in Uvalde.
        Last edited by CaptainDave; 05-25-2022, 09:06 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
          First you said theyre always bad now its just some?

Heres 3 and I couldnt find the one where the military actively looked for gamers to fly drones in the middle east

1. https://theconversation.com/how-the-...soldiers-73826

2.https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/America%27s_Army

3. https://www.army.mil/article/235085/...ng_video_games

To say its irresponsible to let my kid play a game who can also tell the difference in the color of blue from a potato is dumb. Its called making the right choice. Your blanket statement holds zero water. I bet there are members here who play them or have kids that play them yet dont want to run into a wal mart and shoot people.
          LMAO Are you serious with these links?? Of course they are great for training highly efficient killers.. Even our military recognized this.. My point exactly.
          That is exactly what school age kids DO NOT need be, highly efficient killers. SMDH.
          Y'all carry on..
          But yea we can all agree poor parenting is the problem and parents of deranged lunatics like this one should be held 100% accountable for raising such a scum bag with the help of such a screwed up society.

Comment

Originally posted by ttaxidermy View Post
            LOL.. I'm glad your kids turned out to be normal so we are obviously not talking about your kids. Not all kids can handle it and that is my point..
            Why is it that the ones that always deny the negative physiological affects that this garbage CAN have on a child's brain, and the ones that defend this type of CRAP being fed to children, are always the ones that allow it or actually do it.. You may want to talk to someone more knowledgeable than you or I about this.. Talk to a clinical psychologist..
            By your general logic on video games, since there is a percentage of kids that can't or haven't been taught how to handle guns responsibly, we should just not let anyone use/own them anymore. That should fix the problem. Sound good to you?

Comment

What is absolutely ridiculous is that we can find 40 BILLION dollars to send to Ukraine, but we can't find the money to help schools be more protected.

It is time we worry about the war on our own front, and it starts with mental health.

Comment

LMAO Are you serious with these links?? Of course they are great for training highly efficient killers.. Even our military recognized this.. My point exactly.
                That is exactly what school age kids DO NOT need be, highly efficient killers. SMDH.
                Hand/eye coordination. We have multiple heavy equipment operators that are 20 years old that can work the hell out a machine. They all attribute to gaming.

Fun fact/humble brag: I was selected as an AF RPA Pilot out of college but regrettably declined.
                Last edited by BlackHogDown; 05-25-2022, 09:14 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by buckhunter1999 View Post
                  What is absolutely ridiculous is that we can find 40 BILLION dollars to send to Ukraine, but we can't find the money to help schools be more protected.

It is time we worry about the war on our own front, and it starts with mental health.
                  Well said

Comment

Originally posted by buckhunter1999 View Post

It's sickening. They don't care. Politicians and law makers couldn't care less about the mental health issues in this country.. It's not even a bullet point on any agenda.

Comment

have y'all seen that there are two girls unaccounted for....anyone seen any updates on this?

Two Elementary School students who were missing for several hours, Elijah Cruz Torres and Annabelle Guadalupe Rodriguez, died in the shooting in Uvalde, Texas, family members said.

Comment

Y'all carry on..
                        But yea we can all agree poor parenting is the problem and parents of deranged lunatics like this one should be held 100% accountable for raising such a scum bag with the help of such a screwed up society.
                        You asked for......

Violent video games serve absolutely NO valuable purpose in this world we live in(0)and if you think they do please name just one of these valuable purposes... Just one.
                        I found three in 3 seconds. I also add the cowardly 'kid' that started all this was 18. Old enough to be in the military and take part in this training.

Pick a line in your argument and stay with it.

Comment

Originally posted by Artos View Post
                          If he bought two AR / AK type rifles at the same time in a border state, then a multiple long gun form with all his & the firearms 411 went to CLEO & ATF.
                          Abbot was talking about one of the gun purchases being illegal. Did he ever say more?

I sure hope for the FFL that he did file this correctly!

Comment

[quote=BlackHogDown;16233742]Hand/eye coordination. We have multiple heavy equipment operators that are 20 years old that can work the hell out a machine. They all attribute to gaming.[/

Last edited by PondPopper; 05-25-2022, 09:18 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
                              First you said theyre always bad now its just some?

Heres 3 and I couldnt find the one where the military actively looked for gamers to fly drones in the middle east

1. https://theconversation.com/how-the-...soldiers-73826

2.https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/America%27s_Army

3. https://www.army.mil/article/235085/...ng_video_games

To say its irresponsible to let my kid play a game who can also tell the difference in the color of blue from a potato is dumb. Its called making the right choice. Your blanket statement holds zero water. I bet there are members here who play them or have kids that play them yet dont want to run into a wal mart and shoot people.
                              And what did we do when we were kids because we didn't have video games or our parents couldn't afford them? We palyed cowboys and Indians and shot the crap out of one another with 6 shooter cap guns? Pretty sure we all turned out pretty ok lol. Both of my boys played them in moderation in high-school and both still do a little. One is senior at Sam Houston and the other is graduating tonight with 3.9 gpa and going to Sam. You have always had psychopaths. Pretty sure Jesse James didn't play video games lmao? People been killing people long before video games.

Comment

Originally posted by BlackHogDown View Post
                                Hand/eye coordination. We have multiple heavy equipment operators that are 20 years old that can work the hell out a machine. They all attribute to gaming.
                                LOL. Good one
                                My grandfather, who was a heavy equipment operator for 40+ years, had no hand eye coordination since he didn't even know what a video game even was.. He got his hand eye coordination from performing actual work,
                                picking cotton as a child.

Comment

Working...
                                X