Active shooter in Uvalde

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by whopper1800 View Post
    Probably gonna get flamed for this but none of this happened before the induction of violent video games turned into the new baby sitter.
    This definitely plays a huge part. The shooter bought 2 ARs for his 18th birthday, I'd be surprised if he wasn't a gamer. Also note that none of the media reports have said a word about parents, only mention that he shot his grandmother then went to the school.

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
      I'd be surprised if more than 10 on scene uses any form of debrief or counseling. The type A personality just plain won't go.

Sheriff's, chiefs and brass will come check on their guys. Make some sound bites, shake a hand and leave. They won't check on thier guys later and those initial units will run calls tomorrow. Seen it too many times while watching loved ones outside the tape and hearing phones ring

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
      This is so true.

I think it's changing a little but the head brass still act the same way. "I checked on them, they said they were okay."

I know a few guys who went to Sante Fe. That will haunt them for the rest of their lives.

Comment

Originally posted by Capt Glenn View Post
        Disciplinary Alternative Education Program. I have many years of experience with DAEP.

Micheal I do not blame you one bit for being concerned for her safety. I did not read the whole thread but why not arm teachers and administrators. We armed pilots. I pray for her safety.

Probably gonna get flamed for this but none of this happened before the induction of violent video games turned into the new baby sitter.
        Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Your good with me. The issue is violent video games As well as mental Illness. We will pass laws for guns and just ignore the psychopath young kids. No one wants to address the issue at hand.

I am deeply saddened by what happens today and could never imagine.

Comment

Originally posted by SharpEnd View Post
          This definitely plays a huge part. The shooter bought 2 ARs for his 18th birthday, I'd be surprised if he wasn't a gamer. Also note that none of the media reports have said a word about parents, only mention that he shot his grandmother then went to the school.
          They didn’t mentioned his wrecked truck either tonight on Austin channel I watched. What’s the deal with that? Was he being chased and school was convenient target?
          I know we rarely get accurate info in the first day or two but that wrecked truck is relevant.

Comment

100% correct!!! Anyone arguing against this is just showing their ignorance..

Comment

Originally posted by flywise View Post
              They didn’t mentioned his wrecked truck either tonight on Austin channel I watched. What’s the deal with that? Was he being chased and school was convenient target?
              I know we rarely get accurate info in the first day or two but that wrecked truck is relevant.
              Yes. My first question when I saw the wrecked truck was "were the cops already chasing him"?

Comment

Originally posted by ttaxidermy View Post
                Yes. My first question when I saw the wrecked truck was "were the cops already chasing him"?
                Reports are that he was being chased by police. How the heck did he get into the school with a backpack, an AR, and body armor, if police were that close?

Also, he apparently was not a high school student, he worked at Wendy's on a day shift 5 days a week, and a gamer friend said he "slowly dropped out" of school. Same friend said he had texted photos of his weapons, magazines and 5.56 ammo.

Comment

Gonna wait for the whole story to come out, but it sounds like the shooter was a disgruntled student.
                  I have a brother that is a retired teacher now. When you have zero discipline in the schools and no help from parents, crap like this happens.
                  Then I watch FJB address the nation. Just ****** me off to no end. He can send 40 Billion to a country that really has no ties to us but can’t beef up schools since Columbine!! Yeah, we need more gun laws, more gun control (confiscation) about like I need a third nipple!!!
                  I pray for the community of Uvalde.

Comment

The hyperbole and conjecture on both sides is sickening. There are 1000% more good kids than bad.

We have to make sure these schools are fully prepared and stop taking this ish lightly. Everyone thinks it won’t happen to them it appears.

If they can prevent these attacks from happening in Airports, they should be able to do what it takes in our schools.

Comment

Originally posted by BrandonA View Post
                      Prayers to the victims and the Border Patrol Agent Shot. The BP agents are probably the most experienced that get ignored. My brother is a BP agent in that sector but wasn’t dispatched but what he is telling me it was horrific
                      I heard the agent was released from the hospital after getting treated for bring shot in his leg.
                      There is a picture going around on social media showing the agent's had, took a round right through the top.

Sent from my motorola edge 5G UW (2021) using Tapatalk

Comment

Disgusting! I wouldn’t be surprised if he wasn’t one of these kids coming home from school playing shooter games until late in the morning on antidepressants.

Comment

Salvador Ramos, an unemployed teenager who appeared to grow angry and isolated recently, wrote three Facebook posts in the 30 minutes before he headed to Robb Elementary.

He was a gamer who played Call Of Duty, he at one point drove around shooting people with a BB gun, had the police called on him after being kicked out of his house by his mom, ect. ect. ect., according to this news article.

LOTS of warning signs.

Comment

Originally posted by BlackoutRam2500 View Post
                            The sadest part about all this is the left is going to their corner and claiming we can stop gun violence by becoming like "other countries" and taking guns away. And the right is saying we need more guns or hardened targets. These arguments have been made on both sides at nauseum.

What needs to happen is comprehensive mental health and mental healthcare reform. You can track every post with a keyword about elections and Covid but you can't create an algorithm that detects hate speech and threats of violence? I don't believe it.... just like I don't believe twitter has only 5% bots and Biden got the most votes in US history.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk
                            I agree such is possible to create. Problem is, I believe the left/commies can and will use it, twist it, to do what they want once it's created.

Comment

An active shooter situation in Uvalde, Texas, on Tuesday, left 19 children and two adults dead. A hospital report also states that 14 children and at least one adult are being treated by hospitals in Uvalde and San Antonio. The shooter was killed by responding police, the governor added.

Comment

Originally posted by 91cavgt View Post
                                https://www.thedailybeast.com/robb-e...ticles&via=rss

He was a gamer who played Call Of Duty, he at one point drove around shooting people with a BB gun, had the police called on him after being kicked out of his house by his mom, ect. ect. ect., according to this news article.

LOTS of warning signs.
                                And people still have a problem with red flag laws.
                                Go figure

Comment

Working...
                                X