What is this on my pepper plant??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What is this on my pepper plant??

Started this datil pepper from seed. Grew fine and put on two peppers at the first split rather quickly. Peppers still haven’t matured. The plant hasn’t been putting on any other blooms for the last two weeks. It looks like it will try to put on some more on the newest splits this week. Most of the leaves look like the ones in the pics. White rings on them. No bugs on plant I can see under leaves or on top side. I did see a tiny praying mantis on it today.

What’s going on and how can I great this.

Another weird thing is I happen to have two other plants a few plants down, that are looking extremely healthy (approx 3’ tall) and full but haven’t had one bloom yet. Is it possible they are waiting for even hotter weather?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I’m no help with the spots, but our datils have been slow to get started this year. Most of our pepper crop comes in the fall. We are getting peppers now, but they usually slack off as temps get higher. The plants themselves grow bigger all summer and then explode with blooms And peppers come cooler temps.

Comment

might be a Magnesium Deficiency?

Comment

The winds been hard on plants I think

Comment

Originally posted by CamoQuest View Post
          I’m no help with the spots, but our datils have been slow to get started this year. Most of our pepper crop comes in the fall. We are getting peppers now, but they usually slack off as temps get higher. The plants themselves grow bigger all summer and then explode with blooms And peppers come cooler temps.

My habaneros, seranos, chilipetin, kalguristas, and others are producing like crazy at the moment.

Comment

Looks like several things:
            catepillar or beetle indicated by eaten leaf edges
            Virus indicated by crinkling of leaves
            Nutrient deficiency indicated by old leaves are green and new leaves are yellowed
            The circular patterns look like either a fungus or penetration sites by some piercing and sucking insect like a homopteran (aphids, leaf hoppers, mealybugs, etc) or hemipteran (true bugs like stink bugs)

A virus couldve been introduced by a piercing and sucking insect. Not much to be done about a virus…maybe spray compost tea for overall plant health.

Any critters on the bottom side of the leaves or stems?
            If anybody smokes cigarettes have them wash their hands before handling leaves.

Comment

Aphids hammered my pepper plants hard.

Comment

It appears my green beans have the same spots. Not blooming and they look sickly. We recently had hail and the next day the beans showed some signs. Looked tonight and no insects on or around the plants. Guess my garden for this year is over, except for tomatoes.

Comment

Originally posted by FLASH_OUTDOORS View Post
                  Started this datil pepper from seed. Grew fine and put on two peppers at the first split rather quickly. Peppers still haven’t matured. The plant hasn’t been putting on any other blooms for the last two weeks. It looks like it will try to put on some more on the newest splits this week. Most of the leaves look like the ones in the pics. White rings on them. No bugs on plant I can see under leaves or on top side. I did see a tiny praying mantis on it today.

What’s going on and how can I great this.

Another weird thing is I happen to have two other plants a few plants down, that are looking extremely healthy (approx 3’ tall) and full but haven’t had one bloom yet. Is it possible they are waiting for even hotter weather?

Some of those leaves look like something was dripping on them, that the plant did not like. Some of my wife's plants have gotten unusual spots on the leaves, while they were in the green house. Those plants were on the floor of the greenhouse and there were other plants above them. I think something from the plants above dripped on the lower plants, that the lower plants did not like. I don't know if it was water that had run through the soil of the other plant. Then the plant on the ground, did not like the soil mixture, that was in the water, or if it was maybe fluid that came out of the plant. The upper plants are ivies. I know when the stems are broken, they leak some fluid out. The ivies, look fine, just the stuff that we put under the ivies.

My wife, has had some problems with our lemon trees getting light colored spots on the leaves. She repotted them, with new soil. Then we also bought some mineral sticks for citrus trees, nut trees and vegetable plants. We broke up one of the mineral sticks and put one half in each pot. Our lemon trees are looking a lot better after doing those things.
                  My wife wants to wait till the lemon trees are larger, before planting them in the ground. I plan on digging a couple large holes, then put some good soil in those holes, that's where we will plant the lemon trees. I want to make sure they have plenty of good soil, they seem to need plenty of good soil.

Comment

Working...
                  X