Catfish on light tackle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Catfish on light tackle

Had 2lb or so yellow cat hammer my roadrunner this afternoon, he proceeded to do what cats do, which was to roll himself into a knot on my line.

Click image for larger version

Name:	80323C3C-73F1-4E14-AD90-5C40EA4C2CF2.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	64.7 KB
ID:	25281216

This was the final result… an “S” shaped hook of my roadrunner

Doesn’t have the “roadrunner” feature, you’d need to tie in a 3 way swivel, but from my experience snagging these in oyster bars I don’t think small cats are going to tear them up.

Want to catch more inshore slams than ever before while also saving money on tackle? Then get your tackle here and save a ton of money as an Insider Club member.

Comment

Don't think a 2 lb cat can twist a hook like that. Bet you had something bigger on that roadrunner. Brag some, bet it was at least 7 lbs or larger. Could have been a big bass.

Comment

Originally posted by Oleman View Post
        Don't think a 2 lb cat can twist a hook like that. Bet you had something bigger on that roadrunner. Brag some, bet it was at least 7 lbs or larger. Could have been a big bass.
        I landed him… wish I could brag. I didn’t have a scale, so maybe the cat was heavier, but he didn’t break my 6 or 8lb test. I let him wear himself out by letting him run and roll against the drag, he was out there for a minute

Comment

Anyway, you caught it and had lots of fun.

Comment

Originally posted by Oleman View Post
            Anyway, you caught it and had lots of fun.
            ‘It’s true!

Comment

Working...
            X