Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tattoos - what advice would you give a young person?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Be 110% sure before you get it because they last about 6 months. 6 months longer than you do...

Comment

Nothing above the neck line or below the wrist line.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

1. Good tattoos aren't cheap and cheap tattoos aren't good
        2. Put in a place where you can easily conceal it for future employment
        3. Make sure it is something you like
        4. Take some time to consider it
        5. Don't listen to the boomers. Full send, cause they are awesome

Comment

Does he already have a design he wants?

Comment

my advice is don't go below the elbow and your first one should always be a browning symbol done in your kitchen

Comment

This is coming from someone with over 70 hours of ink....

Carefully consider what you get and who does the work. It will be on you for a lifetime so what is a few years to find exactly what you want by the right artist?

Until you are settled into a career and know exactly the career path you are after, avoid tattooing any area that can be seen in normal attire. Times have changed but judgements are still made by people.

If you are on a budget and the price matters, don't get a cheap tattoo just to get one.

Comment

Spend the money on something more useful and constructive like beer.

Comment

Grandpa told me he never met anyone in their 60’s or older that said man i sure am glad i got that tattoo when i was 18

Comment

Cheap ain’t cool and cool ain’t cheap.

Comment

Start with a face tattoo. Those guys seem to be making millions right now. Thank me later. Higher me as your manager.

Comment

Originally posted by Pineywoods View Post
                        This is coming from someone with over 70 hours of ink....

Carefully consider what you get and who does the work. It will be on you for a lifetime so what is a few years to find exactly what you want by the right artist?

Until you are settled into a career and know exactly the career path you are after, avoid tattooing any area that can be seen in normal attire. Times have changed but judgements are still made by people.

If you are on a budget and the price matters, don't get a cheap tattoo just to get one.
                        Hmmmm... How would one absolutely know that the tattoo they think is exactly what they want Now foresee in the future they will want the same one forever?

Comment

I don't necessarily even like the same music I did at 18.

Comment

If it’s a girl… those cute dolphins swimming around your belly button will look like beached whales at 40 after 3 kids.

And it’s called a tramp stamp for a reason, don’t be a tramp, and **** sure don’t signal it

Comment

Originally posted by Bucknaked View Post
                              Hmmmm... How would one absolutely know that the tattoo they think is exactly what they want Now foresee in the future they will want the same one forever?
                              I guess some people won't. Some young people don't yet know who they really are. Mine are all faith-based, patriotic, family related, or outdoors based. Those are things for me that won't change with age. With that said, I recommend young people don't get them at all, but if they are going to anyways I try to give the above advice.

Comment

Originally posted by Man View Post
                                Not having tattoo's makes you unique these days.
                                That's basically what I have told my 30 yr old. He doesnt have one. In my day,(boomer) the rebels had the tats. I call him a rebel for not getting one.

My older son got one in college and he has regretted it for a long time now. It's just a phrase tatted on his upper back. If he is in a pool with kids he wears a shirt because he doesnt want them to see it. Not sure what it matters but that is his thoughts on his.

Comment

Working...
                                X