Freeport eats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Freeport eats

Going down to Freeport for Spring vacation this weekend to do a little surf fishing. Anybody got any good ideas as to where to eat?

La Sirenita Seafood & Grill

Comment

Red Snapper grill !

Comment

Go grab a burger and some onion rings at The Jetty Shack!

Comment

For lunch run into Oyster Creek and go to Nay Nays. Their #7 burger basket will change your life. It’s a big yellow metal building on FM-523 just up the road from the “Surfside” Bucees. It’s only open for lunch.

For Breakfast you can’t beat Mi Ranchito. Hippo breakfast tacos are as big as a kid’s arm. I get a barbacoa, egg, pico and cheese tacos. Also on FM-523 in an orange cinder block building. They’re only open for breakfast and lunch.

Comment

Originally posted by Wampuscat View Post
            For lunch run into Oyster Creek and go to Nay Nays. Their #7 burger basket will change your life. It’s a big yellow metal building on FM-523 just up the road from the “Surfside” Bucees. It’s only open for lunch.

For Breakfast you can’t beat Mi Ranchito. Hippo breakfast tacos are as big as a kid’s arm. I get a barbacoa, egg, pico and cheese tacos. Also on FM-523 in an orange cinder block building. They’re only open for breakfast and lunch.
            I’ll second that and add a plug for Maria’s Kitchen in Freeport as well.

Comment

I like to eat at the Beachfront Deck Bar, not really a ton of great options. Red Snapper is ok, never been to La Serenita, drove by it a million times. I work in the area and been to pretty much all the restaurants. Hooks is a pretty good spot, Dorado Dive Club is good also.

Comment

Originally posted by panhandlehunter View Post
                I like to eat at the Beachfront Deck Bar, not really a ton of great options. Red Snapper is ok, never been to La Serenita, drove by it a million times. I work in the area and been to pretty much all the restaurants. Hooks is a pretty good spot, Dorado Dive Club is good also.
                All the food was good and the beer was cold. The waitresses didn’t require much coaxing with refills. If you hate sand, stay away.

Comment

The only place I've tried in Freeport that I like is "On the River" so tagged for other ideas.

Comment

Originally posted by Wampuscat View Post

I actually grew up in oyster creek and never heard of either one of those places. It’s been awhile since I’ve gone to that side of town so I might need to make a trip.
                    I would say if you’re gonna be in surfside, check out the beachfront bar and grill. Food is ok and atmosphere is pretty cool. For lunch there is a place called “talk about good” that has some good home-cooked/Cajun style meals that are pretty good.

Comment

Originally posted by be12hunt View Post
                      I actually grew up in oyster creek and never heard of either one of those places. It’s been awhile since I’ve gone to that side of town so I might need to make a trip.
                      I would say if you’re gonna be in surfside, check out the beachfront bar and grill. Food is ok and atmosphere is pretty cool. For lunch there is a place called “talk about good” that has some good home-cooked/Cajun style meals that are pretty good.
                      I think the burger place he’s talking about used to be called Lisa’s. My wife’s shop is in Oyster Creek by Niko’s. We eat at Mi Ranchito’s pretty often for breakfast.

Comment

Originally posted by lilavidhunter View Post
                        La Sirenita Seafood & Grill

This!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Freeport eats

Obviously it’s been a long time since I lived in the area, I’m not familiar with any of these. In Oyster Creek, I go back to Windswept, Demaya’s on the creek, and even back to Sarge’s owned by sheriff Gladney.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

For the best burger anywhere I will second, third and fourth Nay Nays. And if you are here on Wednesday, Nico's all you can eat shrimp and fish can't be beat.

Comment

Originally posted by Hockley View Post
                              The only place I've tried in Freeport that I like is "On the River" so tagged for other ideas.
                              I’ll second “On the River”.

Comment

Working...
                              X