$ price per sq ft on custom homes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

$ price per sq ft on custom homes?

Here we are 2022... lots of people I know put off building their custom homes bc they wanted to wait for prices to drop...
    What have you personally seen in your area?
    Austin is still higher than norm... I'm seeing 300 and up for mid to high end per sf

Pools are 150k and up

We're in talks with Tony Miller Construction in N. Texas and they're telling us an avg. of 140'ish for everything under roof.

Comment

It will be a while before any prices come down in Austin area. I am not sure if a market crash will even bring them down much with the pace of growth. I am sending concrete and water and sewer numbers out with quotes only good for 7 days. That is/was partly due to pipe pricing fluctuating by the hour middle of last year. The other reason was people were dragging their feet on making a decision. They would finally make the decision at which point it was they were ready to go immediately and frustrated I was 3 to 4 weeks out.

I just don't see how it slows down anytime soon.

Comment

It’s crazy out there right now. We are in the process of building for right around $160/ft heated and cooled. Something to note: our windows have an 18 week leas time; appliances are 3-4 months out; brick has been hard to find if you are looking for a specific color. It’s nuts

Comment

Imo it is almost impossible to put an accurate dollar figure per square foot due to so many different variables that exist. We have had two built in the last 12 years (one in the suburbs of Houston and one rural retirement home).

Comment

i was quoted $210/ft heated/cooled yesterday from a well known builder in this area, on 4 of the spec homes he will be finishing up in the next few weeks.

i have talked to another guy thats good friends with a good friend of mine, who builds homes and he told me last week that hes seeing $195-210/ft on new builds, but that i could probably build one in the $160-170 range if i subbed everything out myself, and that he would help me do it for a fee.

crazy

Comment

I can tell you that "spec" homes, in Fulshear are going for $200/sq ft.

Comment

I'm a custom home and pool builder north of Denton. We are around $160 per living area (heated and cooled) and starting at upper 40's on pools.

Comment

It’s crazy what is going on with prices of everything. Thank Brandon

Comment

Originally posted by meangreen View Post
                    I'm a custom home and pool builder north of Denton. We are around $160 per living area (heated and cooled) and starting at upper 40's on pools.
                    i have a buddy out around emory and thats closer to wat he has been seeing around him, maybe a bit cheaper actually. but up here around rockwall its out of control.

Comment

Wife was quoting one recently that was around $280/ft in Houston. It's hard to give a good average though with all the bells and whistles people add.

Comment

Originally posted by jshouse View Post
                        i was quoted $210/ft heated/cooled yesterday from a well known builder in this area, on 4 of the spec homes he will be finishing up in the next few weeks.

i have talked to another guy thats good friends with a good friend of mine, who builds homes and he told me last week that hes seeing $195-210/ft on new builds, but that i could probably build one in the $160-170 range if i subbed everything out myself, and that he would help me do it for a fee.

crazy
                        In Rockwall County? I would be amazed!

ac

Comment

Originally posted by chongo View Post
                          We're in talks with Tony Miller Construction in N. Texas and they're telling us an avg. of 140'ish for everything under roof.
                          I had him price mine 2 yrs ago and liked him. We ended up going with another builder because all his houses looked a like.

His price was mid range compared to others we priced

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Company name?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Man, I just had someone bid me a price on an in-ground hot tub at a lake house for $45K. I told him I didn't want an entire pool--just the hot tub. He didn't laugh.

Comment

Working...
                              X