Anniversary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anniversary

There has been several anniversaries shared the last few days and I applaud each and every one one that has reached these milestones in life. You don’t need a lecture from me are anyone else for that matter on what it takes to make a successful relationship. But if I may I would like to share my experience and advice that I have given in the past pertaining to this topic. A few years ago I had a young female employee that was a very hard worker and dependable in every way. But she was extremely hard headed and conducted her business in a manner that was way to authoritative for her age. It always rubbed the staff wrong and no one really wanted to work with her. I had several “ fire side chats” with her if you will to explain the necessary skills and mindset that it takes to be part of a team and coexist with her coworkers. It seemed that she just couldn’t absorb what I was suggesting so I sat down with her one and asked her a simple question. At the time my wife and I had been married for 40 years. So I asked her what she thought the key to our success was. After thinking about it she replied by saying “ y’all love each other”. I responded by saying that was true but 2 people can love each other and still not be able to live together. So I still waited for another reply and she came up with nothing at all. So I told her that as far as I’m conscerned our success comes from the ability that we BOTH are WILLING to be WRONG from time to time. I told her that at that particular time she didn’t have that skill and would need to find it and develop it in order to successfully maintain a job, relationship, and overall it would serve her well in life. I’m sure most of you guys will agree that sometimes we have to just suck it up to insure that our key will still fit the front door when we get home. Some of the strongest men I have ever none had no problem understanding the 50/50 partnership thing. Again I applaud everyone that that has achieved even 1 year and wish y’all many more years to come. Thanks for reading.

Excellent advice. We should heed the wisdom from someone who has already been down the road.

Comment

Wait...what??? BOTH have to admit to being wrong? Would you please tell my bride that, she apparently didn’t get the memo.

Aww, just funnin, we’ve made it 38 years due to our commitment to each other or maybe because we’re both pretty competitive and the one who cries divorce first is the loser. Lol!

The father of a young lady I was planning on marrying once told me that the secret to a marriage was not a 50/50 relationship but a 90/10. He said that a husband should give 90% of himself to his wife and only expect 10% in return and the wife should do the same. That way you are both giving greatly to each other with very little expectations in return.
      I always thought that made good sense to me and have tried to follow it, but, due to pride and self centerdness, I don’t always get it done.

Comment

Originally posted by Geezy Rider View Post
        Wait...what??? BOTH have to admit to being wrong? Would you please tell my bride that, she apparently didn’t get the memo.

Aww, just funnin, we’ve made it 38 years due to our commitment to each other or maybe because we’re both pretty competitive and the one who cries divorce first is the loser. Lol!

The father of a young lady I was planning on marrying once told me that the secret to a marriage was not a 50/50 relationship but a 90/10. He said that a husband should give 90% of himself to his wife and only expect 10% in return and the wife should do the same. That way you are both giving greatly to each other with very little expectations in return.
        I always thought that made good sense to me and have tried to follow it, but, due to pride and self centerdness, I don’t always get it done.
        Awesome.

Comment

Good read, Mr. Terry, and so true! Luckily, I have Jennifer to let me know when I’m wrong....she does it often.[emoji2369]

Also, pretty sure I know EXACTLY which employee you’re referencing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by curtintex View Post
            Good read, Mr. Terry, and so true! Luckily, I have Jennifer to let me know when I’m wrong....she does it often.[emoji2369]

Also, pretty sure I know EXACTLY which employee you’re referencing.

You might very well have met her Curt. And I will add that she moved to the big city a year later and and in short order became a team lead and eventually kitchen manager at a restaurant in Clear Lake. And has started a family as well. When she comes to Livingston to visit family she will always stop by and visit. We are proud of her accomplishments and new that she would do well becuase she stuck out in today’s younger generation with a very strong work ethic. She just needed a little Attitude Adjustment. We see from time to time the younger ones that really stick out and consider it our responsibility to let them know that they will do well in today’s environment if you continue to hold fast to your work ethic and moral values.

Comment

Originally posted by Gumbo Man View Post
              You might very well have met her Curt. And I will add that she moved to the big city a year later and and in short order became a team lead and eventually kitchen manager at a restaurant in Clear Lake. And has started a family as well. When she comes to Livingston to visit family she will always stop by and visit. We are proud of her accomplishments and new that she would do well becuase she stuck out in today’s younger generation with a very strong work ethic. She just needed a little Attitude Adjustment. We see from time to time the younger ones that really stick out and consider it our responsibility to let them know that they will do well in today’s environment if you continue to hold fast to your work ethic and moral values.

That’s great mentoring!!!

Comment

Originally posted by curtintex View Post
                That’s great mentoring!!!

Thankyou sir.

Comment

I asked an older fella that I really respected what the secret to a long marriage was. He replied,"Its really simple,when you are wrong admit it, when you are right shut up about it".

Comment

I agree.....................

Comment

Originally posted by cashcropper View Post
                      I asked an older fella that I really respected what the secret to a long marriage was. He replied,"Its really simple,when you are wrong admit it, when you are right shut up about it".
                      Lol. That’s the Gospel right there.

Comment

I agree.

Comment

I once asked an old gentlemen for advice on a long marriage. He was at 40 or so years and I was at about 10'
                          Him: I never go anywhere without my wife.
                          Me: Wow that's awesome. You must really love her
                          Him: Loves got nothing to do with it.
                          Me: Then what is it?
                          Him: She's too darn ugly to kiss good-bye!!!!!!!!!!!

Just a quick laugh and thank you gentlemen for your advice. Me and my misses just celebrated our 32nd and all the advice given is spot on.

Comment

Originally posted by diamonde40 View Post
                            I once asked an old gentlemen for advice on a long marriage. He was at 40 or so years and I was at about 10'
                            Him: I never go anywhere without my wife.
                            Me: Wow that's awesome. You must really love her
                            Him: Loves got nothing to do with it.
                            Me: Then what is it?
                            Him: She's too darn ugly to kiss good-bye!!!!!!!!!!!

Just a quick laugh and thank you gentlemen for your advice. Me and my misses just celebrated our 32nd and all the advice given is spot on.
                            That’s hilarious. Congrats.

Comment

Working...
                            X