Review - Redneck softside blind

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Review - Redneck softside blind

I took advantage of a special Redneck was running at the TTHA show and bought one of their blinds – the “Soft Side 360 Camo Deluxe”. The idea is to leave the frame out year-round and remove the cover at season’s end to make it last.

This is the frame. Footprint is 6x6 and it is 77’ tall in the center. If you are average height and use a compound you can easily shoot while standing. The bow windows are in the corners so shooting diagonally it measures over 8'. It is solidly made of powder coated steel. Easy to assemble with very clear instructions but it takes a good while to put it together – many pieces and there’s gotta be close to 100 carriage bolts/nuts.

Click image for larger version

Name:	frame.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	52.9 KB
ID:	25259753

It comes with two massive stakes. In our hard ground I'm gonna need a bigger hammer - and possibly a bigger hammer-swinger.

Name:	stakes.jpg
Size:	29.1 KB
ID:	25259754

The material is very heavy duty and is lined with black vinyl.

Name:	blind.jpg
Size:	47.3 KB
ID:	25259755

Each window has camo mesh attached with bungees which can be adjusted to your liking if you want them partially open.

Name:	windows.jpg
Size:	34.9 KB
ID:	25259756

There are four rows of loops and pockets for brushing in.

Name:	loops.jpg
Size:	44.7 KB
ID:	25259757

Name:	brushed.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	50.1 KB
ID:	25259758

How much was it?

Comment

Looks good, and comfy. Good thing is you got the frame all set up so the hard part is out of the way.

Comment

Originally posted by 220swift View Post
        How much was it?
        Not sure how much they are normally but they were $399 at the show

Comment

Looks pretty sturdy. How easy is it to put the cover on? Can it be done by one person?

Comment

We had to put cattle panels around one , the cows started chewing on it
            Last edited by S-3 Ranch; 09-13-2021, 09:10 AM.

Comment

I had help assembling the frame but put the cover on myself in about 30 minutes. Laid out it looks like this

You lay it over the top and it zips at the corners. Zippered door in back

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by jerp View Post
                I took advantage of a special Redneck was running at the TTHA show and bought one of their blinds – the “Soft Side 360 Camo Deluxe”. The idea is to leave the frame out year-round and remove the cover at season’s end to make it last.

This is the frame. Footprint is 6x6 and it is 77’ tall in the center. If you are average height and use a compound you can easily shoot while standing. The bow windows are in the corners so shooting diagonally it measures over 8'. It is solidly made of powder coated steel. Easy to assemble with very clear instructions but it takes a good while to put it together – many pieces and there’s gotta be close to 100 carriage bolts/nuts.

[ATTACH]1062575[/ATTACH]

It comes with two massive stakes. In our hard ground I'm gonna need a bigger hammer - and possibly a bigger hammer-swinger.

[ATTACH]1062576[/ATTACH]

The material is very heavy duty and is lined with black vinyl.

[ATTACH]1062577[/ATTACH]

Each window has camo mesh attached with bungees which can be adjusted to your liking if you want them partially open.

[ATTACH]1062578[/ATTACH]

There are four rows of loops and pockets for brushing in.

[ATTACH]1062579[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]1062580[/ATTACH]

Thanks for the review. I too bought one at the TTHA show in San Antonio. I'm going to build a plywood base for mine and anchor it to the base. Then anchor the base to the ground with those huge stakes. If I can get them in the ground that is. I really don't want to find a snake in there.

How long do you estimate it took you to get the frame together? I'll be setting up by myself unfortunately.

Comment

Just a little trick I learned building feeder traps in the Hill Counrty
                  If you have a cordless hammer drill or have a generator Buy a 12 inch bit 1/2 or bigger and drill right through the rocks - tee post or what ever go in like you won't believe!
                  good luck this year to all

Comment

Originally posted by SabreKiller View Post
                    Thanks for the review. I too bought one at the TTHA show in San Antonio. I'm going to build a plywood base for mine and anchor it to the base. Then anchor the base to the ground with those huge stakes. If I can get them in the ground that is. I really don't want to find a snake in there.

How long do you estimate it took you to get the frame together? I'll be setting up by myself unfortunately.
                    My wife and daughter put this identical blind together a little over 4 weeks ago. They had it completely set up and stakes down in about an hour.

Good write up by Jerp. I didn’t get to help with it much at all, as I was trying to fix a brand new EZ Feeder we had set up for the area the blind went in to (motor was bad).

The blind definitely seems nice though.

Comment

Some guys on our lease have them and they really like them. Will last a long time if you take the cover off in the summer. Probably wouldn’t take 10 minutes.

Comment

The hammer drill is the only way to go in the hill country

Comment

Dang that seems like a pretty good deal! No more expensive than a high end Double Bull blind... not a portable, but more durable and bigger. If I needed a blind, I'd buy one in a heartbeat. Heck, If you wanted to make a hard sided blind, It would be worth it to buy one just for the frame. You can't build a hard side blind frame for that hardly...

Comment

Dang, you all did get a good deal on it.

Website says from $529.99

I like the concept.

J

Comment

Any more feedback on these blinds as far as the cow situation? Do they really eat the cover, or is that more of a drought time situation?

I bought one of these, but I don't need any more cow issues, so I may sell it and go a different way.

Comment

Working...
                              X