Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This could very well be the precursor to the 64 team super-conference. The SEC would be at 16 teams and the Pac 12 needs four more, B1G needs two more and the ACC needs 1 more. Pac 12 adds BU, TCU, Tech and OSU. B1G adds KU and ISU. ACC adds ND. There you have it. KSU, WVU and BYU are the most notable schools left out.

Comment

Big 12 ADs and CEOs meeting at 5 pm today to discuss Texas, OU situation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Well if it happens it happens, it would add some good games in football and baseball thats for sure.

A&M controls its own destiny over the next couple of years either way, start winning and you put yourself in a great place to continue the success.

Comment

So how soon can i expect until a decisions made? I wanna be here for the meltdown

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by lawbu View Post
            This could very well be the precursor to the 64 team super-conference. The SEC would be at 16 teams and the Pac 12 needs four more, B1G needs two more and the ACC needs 1 more. Pac 12 adds BU, TCU, Tech and OSU. B1G adds KU and ISU. ACC adds ND. There you have it. KSU, WVU and BYU are the most notable schools left out.
            Don't forget JSU and coach prime!!! [emoji16][emoji16][emoji16]

Comment

Originally posted by Chad C View Post
              Big 12 ADs and CEOs meeting at 5 pm today to discuss Texas, OU situation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
              Will Dan Beebe be there

Comment

Originally posted by 160class View Post
                Well if it happens it happens, it would add some good games in football and baseball thats for sure.

A&M controls its own destiny over the next couple of years either way, start winning and you put yourself in a great place to continue the success.
                Best post on this thread! As an Aggie I could care less what UT does. It's up to us to decide our own fate. We were given an opportunity when we joined the SEC and so far we've been going in the right direction. Things are in place this year for us to be pretty good and make a good run. Alabama is probably the most vulnerable they have been or will be so we have a shot! Hopefully one of these young QB's can perform on this level and we have an awesome year! We shall see soon enough!!

Comment

What do you think of the theory that this will hasten the demise of the NCAA? Their whole "student athlete" model which has largely been a farce for years is coming unraveled. The increasing use of the transfer portal and the NIL stuff are the biggest example. We have always heard rumblings that eventually the big $$ schools will just withdraw from the NCAA and start their own organization.

Comment

Originally posted by Heath View Post
                    Iowa State brings nothing to the table for the Big 10 in regards to new TV revenue and Iowa will fight to make sure it doesn't happen. This may be a different situation than the Aggies fight cause Iowa State is not bringing more money to the table for the conference. If the Big 10 can make the numbers work and smooth over with Iowa, then I think they are a logical spot. Matt Campbell deserves a bigger cut of the pie for getting ISU Football relevant so its a consideration.

The Big 10 would take KU because of basketball in a heartbeat. The only holdup may be their ongoing NCAA investigation and how hard they are hammered.

Iowa State and KU are both AAU Members which is a requirement to be a Big 10 Member. That's a big step.
                    I would normally agree with this but the Rutgers and Maryland expansion experiment ended up doing nothing for them as far as TV market. So that may not be as much as of a requirement this go round?

Comment

The TV market is no longer the lead topic of conversation when talking expansion.
                      Last edited by Chad C; 07-22-2021, 11:26 AM.

Comment

Still waiting on the first inglorius *******s hitler meme to hit.

Comment

Originally posted by jerp View Post
                          What do you think of the theory that this will hasten the demise of the NCAA?
                          Not going to get into all the reasons but it will absolutely

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Chad C View Post
                              Still waiting on the first inglorius *******s hitler meme to hit.
                              Downfall?

Comment

It's the Wild West!
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X