Nissan Titan thoughts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nissan Titan thoughts?

I'm in the market for another 1/2 ton truck. I currently have a 2008 Tundra so I know all about them. I thought I'd look at some others before deciding and am I intrigued by the Titan, especially the 5yr/100k bumber to bumper warranty. I recently test drove one and have to say it was nice. I've been keeping an eye out for them and find it odd that I never see them on the highways or in parking lots. Even the inventory is low at the dealerships. I know they aren't as popular as Ford, Chevy, Dodge, and Toyota. Just curious what y'alls thoughts about them are from owners here or know of people that have them. I don't plan to tow anything big, just my mule 610.

Too much to go into but I'm not a fan of the Nissan brand. In a nut shell circa 2006 they had radiator problems that leaked water into the trans cooler and destroyed transmissions. Common problem but no help from Nissan after the warranty ran out.

Comment

Buy another Tundra, may be the last year of the 5.7.

Comment

Had a 2018 Titan up til Sept 9th of this year. Gas mileage is bad and I only towed a few times with it. Pulled empty 16ft flatbed trailers both times and the truck barley got 10 mpg!! These are not heavy built trailers. They do have nice interior but I would look at something else. Plus the resale on them is not great from what I could find b4 mine was totaled.

Comment

I have had 3 Nissan vehicles, and they have been the most reliable cars I have ever owned!!

I bought a 2017 Titan in may, and other than the fact that it does not support Apple CarPlay, couldn’t be happier!!!

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I have the 19' xd and really like it. I have owned them all and this one has had zero problems when all rest would have by now.

It has pulled everything I've put behind with ease. I avg 16mpg town and highway.

Not a huge fan of exterior looks, but the interior makes up for it.

It absolutely out rides every other diesel I've had. Very smooth ride imo. Also does not sink and get stuck like my other diesel rides.

Comment

Driving a Titan now, so far it's been as reliable as the 3 before. My only complaint is the city mpg, hwy mileage is 18+ mpg even when towing the ranger!

Comment

When I was shopping for my truck, I was keen on a Nissan talked to my local independent maintenance guy who did my wife's Lexus and he said to stay clear of Nissan, he always has them coming in for problems. I went with a 2018 Tundra and haven't looked back.

Comment

Owned two Titans and they both had over 200,000 miles when I got rid of them. Only issues were brake pads constantly needing replaced and gas mileage was pretty poor. No major issues at all. The 08 was given to my son at 16 with 100,000 mile on it. Made it all the way through high school and college with that truck. He recently sold it. Still runs just fine.

Comment

I had a 4WD 2014 Titan and it was a great truck. Resale value sucks on them though and I'm not sure why as I have always viewed them as dependable trucks. I don't have a negative thing to say about the one I had. I personally am not crazy about the looks of the new ones unless they are heavily modified.

Comment

Having owned a Tundra, mpg isn't tops on my list, but certainly doesn't hurt. I drive pretty even between highway and city. My only complaint on the Tundra is I wished it had under seat storage like the Titan and a little higher price tag. Neither being deal breakers.

Comment

I have a 2018 Nissan Titan XD (gas model) and I love it! Going on 50k miles without any issues. The 5yr/100k is an awesome addition, and Nissan still honors it even if you are the second owner of the vehicle. I bought mine in 2019 with 20k miles and I called Nissan and they told me that they still honored it...I even got it in writing.

Comment

Originally posted by Richard M. View Post
                          Having owned a Tundra, mpg isn't tops on my list, but certainly doesn't hurt. I drive pretty even between highway and city. My only complaint on the Tundra is I wished it had under seat storage like the Titan and a little higher price tag. Neither being deal breakers.

They make a $200 aftermarket deal for the Tundra I installed and its been really handy.

This automatic sideways flip TBH has been having the past year is a pain in the ***. Sorry about the sideways pic.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7331.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	50.1 KB
ID:	24633374

Comment

I have a 2010 Frontier that just hit 210K miles with very few problems. I want to buy another new one, but the 2020 has a unproven redesigned engine and transmission. I think the 2020 Titans do too.

I was speaking with a mechanic at the dealership a few weeks ago and he said the 2020 Titans are having some issues from trying to meet the new EPA fuel mileage standards.

Comment

Never even thought about them. haha

Comment

Working...
                              X