Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bowanta View Post
    8 hrs reg pay + 4 hrs OT pay= 410.20
    Based on a 52 week year, 5 days a week, 210 days worked (does not include any holiday pay)= roughly $86K a year ballpark..
    There are a lot of things not included.
    5 days a week,210 worked base days in NOT dupont tho.
    Originally posted by Bubba View Post
    Worked the Dupont for the last 25 years.Due to Covid we swapped to 7 on 7 off to limit exposure across shifts.MAN IM LOVING IT.I feel much better and get way more done during the month. At home and Play time "maybe even at work"....
    I could go for this. How's burning vacation time working.

I'd burn 40hrs for either a 36 or 48(heck week) and get 2 weeks straight off.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Bubba View Post
      Worked the Dupont for the last 25 years.Due to Covid we swapped to 7 on 7 off to limit exposure across shifts.MAN IM LOVING IT.I feel much better and get way more done during the month. At home and Play time "maybe even at work"....
      That is my favorite schedule. We did that for a month or so back in 2020 and it was awesome. However, a lot of guys hated it that I worked with. 7 on, 7off is the best. You adjust sleeping patterns etc

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by jaime1982 View Post
        5 days a week,210 worked base days in NOT dupont tho.I could go for this. How's burning vacation time working.

Say you get 80 hrs of vacation to start which is pretty standard. You would get 6 days off= 72 hrs. Some places give you the choice to get paid the 8 hrs of vacation they owe you or to take off but only get paid 8 hrs that day and not 12.

All the policies are geared toward the office people making the rules and they don't have any idea of shift life.....

Comment

Originally posted by ElfEyes View Post
          Especially the coker. I've been on it for 10 years as an operator and 2 before it as a contractor. Our SRU guys have it made. We share the same control room. Our speciality is sour crude. I have a question for all yall., Does your outside ops also rotate through the console too?
          We have 2 board guys on each shift. 6 guys to a shift. 1 primary, 1 backup when primary is off. Whether those 2 rotate depends on that particular shift

Comment

Originally posted by ElfEyes View Post
            Especially the coker. I've been on it for 10 years as an operator and 2 before it as a contractor. Our SRU guys have it made. We share the same control room. Our speciality is sour crude. I have a question for all yall., Does your outside ops also rotate through the console too?

In our plant there is no dedicated board man, it is rotated through each shift. Typically one person is running board for that set, the next set will be a different person running board and so on.

Comment

Originally posted by jaime1982 View Post
              5 days a week,210 worked base days in NOT dupont tho.I could go for this. How's burning vacation time working.

I'll let you know as I save all mine for Hunting season.I don't see it being a problem.I think I will use less than years past.

Comment

Originally posted by panhandlehunter View Post
                In our plant there is no dedicated board man, it is rotated through each shift. Typically one person is running board for that set, the next set will be a different person running board and so on.
                This is how we do it as well. We have 2 different consoles and 5 different outside post we rotate through.

Comment

We normally work the Dupont schedule but we're short handed on people and experience right now so we are on 7 days 3 off then 7 nights 4 off. Messed my hunting season up quite a bit

Comment

I work a 7 off , 7 off schedule

Comment

Get this, my plant recently was sold/bought.
                      They are paying us out on PTO hours on everything accrued through Nov 2nd.
                      Then we all start over with new employer at 0 hours and can go in the hole up to one set- 48 hours (4 on 4 off here).
                      So for deer season my 12 scheduled days off (36 days away from work) just got cut down to one or two sets.

But I’m getting a hefty check to help ease the pain ( got 200+ hours on the books [emoji51]) .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Leemo View Post
                        I work a 7 off , 7 off schedule
                        That’s one I never heard of. Guess you never work

Comment

Originally posted by DaveC View Post
                          Get this, my plant recently was sold/bought.
                          They are paying us out on PTO hours on everything accrued through Nov 2nd.
                          Then we all start over with new employer at 0 hours and can go in the hole up to one set- 48 hours (4 on 4 off here).
                          So for deer season my 12 scheduled days off (36 days away from work) just got cut down to one or two sets.

But I’m getting a hefty check to help ease the pain ( got 200+ hours on the books [emoji51]) .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What plant are you at ? I got 195 hrs to burn this year

Comment

Originally posted by Strummer View Post
                            What plant are you at ? I got 195 hrs to burn this year
                            A powerplant in Channelview inside the Lyondell complex- south plant.

I just looked - it'll be right under 250 hours by the time they pay out.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveC View Post
                              A powerplant in Channelview inside the Lyondell complex- south plant.

I just looked - it'll be right under 250 hours by the time they pay out.
                              I worked Posm 1 for 20 years...left 8 years ago.....In 91 the lid of that tank that exploded flip right over the cooling tower into yalls parking lot...crazy

Comment

We work the dupont schedule and guys here make $130k easy and some guys push $200K...but they live here

Comment

Working...
                                X