DuPont Schedule Annual Salary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Beargrasstx View Post
    Yeah companies like Valero and Exxon usually start out in the mid $20s which with cost of living raises is probably around that $27 to $28 mark starting out now. Top out is higher and every shift is 4 hours of OT. 8 hours at your base rate of $40+ an hour, plus 4 hours of $60+ hr every day.
    Yeah I work for Valero, I was starting to wonder if I was underpaid with everyone stating making 50ish. But if they have to have 40 for OT it equals out I think. We start people off low and every 6 months you get a raise untill 3 years. Then the 4th year you get the last raise. We do lose alot of good new hires bc they can literally go across the Street to top out faster.
    Last edited by ElfEyes; 09-23-2021, 10:18 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ElfEyes View Post
      Yeah I work for Valero, I was starting to wonder if I was underpaid with everyone stating making 50ish. But if they have to have 40 for it it equals out I think. We start people off low and every 6 months you get a raise untill 3 years. Then the 4th year you get the last raise. We do lose alot of good new hires bc they can literally go across the Street to top out faster.
      We are a little different at the Houston Valero. You get a raise after each certification but no sooner than 3 months. You can knock out all your certifications but takes 2 years to top out or in my unit at least. We have 8 total certifications. (4 basic, 4 advanced)

Yeah, I took a big payout to leave Total for Valero but by year 2 I was basically even money. Year 3 I made a lot more money than I ever did at Total. The bonuses were a difference

Which Valero are you at?

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

Comment

Refinery stuff seems to be way different than our natural gas plants. Some good some bad.

Comment

Beargrass Valero Port Arthur. Are y'all a union facility,?

Comment

I’m leaving my current job and will be starting the DuPont schedule in 2 weeks at my new employer. It will be my first time working this kind of schedule, I took a pay cut. Hopefully there’s some OT.

Comment

Originally posted by trophy8 View Post
              Refinery stuff seems to be way different than our natural gas plants. Some good some bad.
              Lot dirtier for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by Bayouboy View Post
                Lot dirtier for sure.
                What’s dirtier?

Comment

BB is that OT after 8 hrs or after 40?
                  After 8.

Comment

Beargrass Valero Port Arthur. Are y'all a union facility,?

No, we are not

Comment

Originally posted by Bayouboy View Post
                      Lot dirtier for sure.
                      eh, I usually am cleaner now than when I worked at a petrochemical plant. Our refinery only takes sweet crude though. I did hear stories about asphalt and other heavies from back in the day that was nasty and dirty.

Comment

Originally posted by Beargrasstx View Post
                        eh, I usually am cleaner now than when I worked at a petrochemical plant. Our refinery only takes sweet crude though. I did hear stories about asphalt and other heavies from back in the day that was nasty and dirty.
                        Even with sweet, spend some time at the Coker, sru and an alky unit lol...

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by jaime1982 View Post

I have heard stories about other refineries, but from the guys I see working the FCC and Alky/SRU they are not dirty! However, from what i have been told we have it made at our refinery compared to some other refineries taking the heavy, sour crude.

Comment

Originally posted by jaime1982 View Post

Especially the coker. I've been on it for 10 years as an operator and 2 before it as a contractor. Our SRU guys have it made. We share the same control room. Our speciality is sour crude. I have a question for all yall., Does your outside ops also rotate through the console too?

Comment

8 hrs reg pay + 4 hrs OT pay= 410.20
                              Based on a 52 week year, 5 days a week, 210 days worked (does not include any holiday pay)= roughly $86K a year ballpark..
                              There are a lot of things not included.

Comment

Worked the Dupont for the last 25 years.Due to Covid we swapped to 7 on 7 off to limit exposure across shifts.MAN IM LOVING IT.I feel much better and get way more done during the month. At home and Play time "maybe even at work"....

Comment

Working...
                                X