X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

She graduates August 13, 2021.

Comment

Originally posted by Chad C View Post
      No. 1 overall recruit Quinn Ewers tells @yahoosports he’s “leaning” toward skipping senior HS year and attending Ohio State. Ewers could then sign NIL deals worth nearly seven figures, which aren’t allowed in Texas for high school players.
      Saw this come across Twitter. This is insane. Will be a transfer or 2 and some team is going to get a reallly good QB out of this.

Comment

Originally posted by Deerslayersh View Post
        Did you disagree with something I said or just doing your typical vomiting of ignorance? I promise you don’t have a clue what my background is. Move on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        I was sincerely asking. Just trying to gain perspective. I don't care either way and wish you the best.

Comment

Originally posted by jer_james View Post
          Saw this come across Twitter. This is insane. Will be a transfer or 2 and some team is going to get a reallly good QB out of this.
          doubtful

Comment

Originally posted by Chad C View Post
            Let the legal battles begin or at least the grandstanding

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
            Not a great way for B12 to start the battle IMO

Comment

Originally posted by eradicator View Post
              I was sincerely asking. Just trying to gain perspective. I don't care either way and wish you the best.
              comment edited.

I mistakenly called someone a liberal that isn't. My bad.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
              Last edited by Burntorange Bowhunter; 07-28-2021, 04:04 PM.

Comment

Did you disagree with something I said or just doing your typical vomiting of ignorance? I promise you don’t have a clue what my background is. Move on.

Slow ya roll homeboy.

Your comment was very misleading.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
                Last edited by Burntorange Bowhunter; 07-28-2021, 04:05 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Take Dead Aim View Post
                  What about our affiliation? We are now SEC brothers. Will you root for UT when we are playing a Wisconsin?
                  No. My daughter graduated from Bama. No way she would let me root for the Volunteers.

Sorry but I had to since the SEC already has a "UT". The Third Saturday in October used to be a great rivalry. Coach Bryant hated them more than AU. Both kids have degrees from SEC schools. Both have strong intrastate rivals. Don't care who plays AU or Ol Miss....can't see ever cheering for either one.

I've been sitting on the sidelines reading this whizzing contest for the last few days when I needed a good laugh. Thanks for keeping it entertaining.

Comment

The response wasn’t to you. I’m not sure what info you’re looking for. Grew up in lower middle class conservative family. 5a high school graduated at top of my class. Paid my way through school with the help of loans and what my parents could offer.

Went to UT very conservative (more libertarian, Ron Paul) and naive. Haven’t change a lot how I vote politically, but I did have good conversations with people from the other side of the aisle and realize that for the most part they come to their beliefs sincerely and with good intentions.

I don’t automatically hate or count people out because they have different political beliefs than me. I try to be open minded about politics and understand how and why people think the way they do.

I was influenced very little from the school itself. I am an engineering major and UT doesn’t require any liberal arts class outside of what I tested myself out of. The only time I talked with professors was about math.

Not sure what else you’re looking for. UT Austin was a great experience for me. Now I’m successful, married with a kid, and work as an engineer.

Comment

My wife and I both have electrical engineering degrees from UT. Both our boys only applied to UT and ATM. Their preference was UT at the time (obvious bias from their parents). Neither got accepted into UT because of the stupid 8% rule. Each had a GPA over 4.0 but when you do sports, it actually knocks your GPA down. Plano schools has a lot of kids that take nothing but honors or higher classes. Oldest graduated from A&M with a petroleum engineering degree. The youngest just graduated with his masters in information systems.

I didn't push them one way or the other and would have been fine with them going to Texas even with changes in Austin. Both universities have great engineering schools and business schools. They were going to be ok either way.
                      Last edited by Rush2Judge; 07-28-2021, 03:40 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Take Dead Aim View Post
                        Yes. All leftist issues and all. Hate to tell you the universities across the board are all far left and screwing with our youth. After Rice the degree from UT is next in value. Now if my child wanted to go to A&M because of a degree I wouldn't stop them. They are my kid and I will support them even when I know they are making a mistake. I do wish A&M would raise their entrance standards so it wasn't come one come all. I think that waters down the degree. Supply and demand so to speak. I am sure A&M has their resaons($) but Perry did the university no favors in dropping entrance standards.

I’d have to argue that the value of my degree would be tough to quantify. Can’t say I’ve ever had anyone from either of the schools you mentioned beat me out of a job or promotion in my construction career. I’ve only worked in the greater Houston and DFW markets so my exposure is limited to those 2 areas but I’m still pretty confident that the value is very high. SMU carries a lot of weight where I am now but that school wasn’t mentioned.

All that to say, times are definitely changing at A&M.

Comment

doubtful
                          I was speaking about tOSU QB room. It is stacked.

Comment

This is gonna be a fun lawsuit war to watch unfold.

Comment

[QUOTE=Deerslayersh;15723668]The response wasn’t to you. I’m not sure what info you’re looking for. Grew up in lower middle class conservative family. 5a high school graduated at top of my class. Paid my way through school with the help of loans and what my parents could offer.

Went to UT very conservative (more libertarian, Ron Paul) and naive. Haven’t change a lot how I vote politically, but I did have good conversations with people from the other side of the aisle and realize that for the most part they come to their beliefs sincerely and with good intentions.

I don’t automatically hate or count people out because they have different political beliefs than me. I try to be open minded about politics and understand how and why people think the way they do.

I was influenced very little from the school itself. I am an engineering major and UT doesn’t require any liberal arts class outside of what I tested myself out of. The only time I talked with professors was about math.

Not sure what else you’re looking for. UT Austin was a great experience for me. Now I’m successful, married with a kid, and work as an engineer.

Not a thing wrong with this. Good for you for being able to have good objective conversations with both sides. You don't have to hate someone just because of their affiliations in politics or schools for that matter.

T-shirt BOB is being who he has always been. Vomiting ignorance is typical for him.

Comment

The response wasn’t to you. I’m not sure what info you’re looking for. Grew up in lower middle class conservative family. 5a high school graduated at top of my class. Paid my way through school with the help of loans and what my parents could offer.

Sounds awesome! I feel this is what it should be about if one chooses to attend a higher learning institution. Yes, kids will make their own decisions but there is always the nature vs nurture debate.

Comment

Working...
                                X