This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sotx View Post
    Hmmmm let me remember here.....oh yes....Horn said that Aggie would "regret" leaving the Big 12 for the SEC back when the news broke in 2010.........now the the loser Horn want in the regret conference. SMH, Horn hypocrisy knows no bounds.
    As a Horn I never thought it was a mistake. I actually respected the aggys for once for taking a chance and going out on their own. I am sure some said it was a mistake but they were wrong. I am excited about the move for many reasons.

Comment

I hope they bring even more teams to the Sec. Va, Fl St, Clemson, Ohio St, Mi., come on down.

Comment

Originally posted by Bayouboy View Post
        You would care if it was the SEC that came calling. Then, you could brag about how the SEC needed more star power.
        Apparently they did.

Comment

You would care if it was the SEC that came calling. Then, you could brag about how the SEC needed more star power.
          Nah.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

I hope they bring even more teams to the Sec. Va, Fl St, Clemson, Ohio St, Mi., come on down.
            See my early post. Mega stand alone conference free from the NCAA with all the blue blood schools is where we are headed. Get on board or get run over

Comment

Originally posted by Take Dead Aim View Post
              As a Horn I never thought it was a mistake. I actually respected the aggys for once for taking a chance and going out on their own. I am sure some said it was a mistake but they were wrong. I am excited about the move for many reasons.
              What some of us actually said was that they would be a middle of the pack team just the same as in the Big 12. We haven't been proven wrong so far 10 years in.

Comment

Originally posted by narco1 View Post
                See my early post. Mega stand alone conference free from the NCAA with all the blue blood schools is where we are headed. Get on board or get run over
                What will they call it? Who will they kick out to bring USC, ND, Nebraska, Ohio State and Michigan in?

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
                  What will they call it? Who will they kick out to bring USC, ND, Nebraska, Ohio State and Michigan in?

College Football. Nobody.

Comment

Originally posted by sotx View Post
                    Hmmmm let me remember here.....oh yes....Horn said that Aggie would "regret" leaving the Big 12 for the SEC back when the news broke in 2010.........now the the loser Horn want in the regret conference. SMH, Horn hypocrisy knows no bounds.
                    I questioned how well A&M could compete in the SEC at the time of the move. I believe they are about the same as they were in the SWC, Big 12, and now SEC (conference records show it). They are competing, just not for championships yet.

I think what has happened is they have reaffirmed a commitment to athletics and pouring the money into it. Most Aggies I know are very happy with their current state of the program in football and very excited about their baseball hire. Basketball hire isn't looking great, but it's early. As long as they will continue to invest the dollars, it will continue to grow.

Comment

Originally posted by narco1 View Post
                      Some talking head this morning was saying this. Will be modeled very similar to NFL with 32 teams and 4 divisions.

Comment

Originally posted by El General View Post
                        College Football. Nobody.
                        So one league with all the big dogs will include Vandy, Ole Miss, Mississippi State and South Carolina? I highly doubt it.

Comment

Originally posted by BrandonA View Post
                          Some talking head this morning was saying this. Will be modeled very similar to NFL with 32 teams and 4 divisions.
                          Major suckage.

Comment

Originally posted by BrandonA View Post
                            That will be nice. Hopefully the athletes can get some nice compensation for the time/risk/hard work they have to put In to be top athletes.

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
                              So one league with all the big dogs will include Vandy, Ole Miss, Mississippi State and South Carolina? I highly doubt it.

Why not? The NFL isn't comprised of 32 competitive teams.

Comment

Originally posted by CoolHandLuke View Post
                                Talking to an LSU alum at the gym this morning who is pretty close to the program. Don't believe everything you read on the twit and interwebs. tu might not get the votes needed according to his inside sources... and he rubs elbows with $ guys in BR. Trust me... i have to hear all kind of **** from this guy but he seems to know before it all comes out. He is pretty solid.

I know that contradicts the local experts here...
                                Originally posted by James View Post
                                My alumni contacts from other SEC schools are saying the same thing. Majority rather take OU and OKst then TU. They are toxic and not wanted. We shall see.

On a side note, if this does happen fast... what happens to all the scheduled games under contract the next several years? Do majority of those games stay on schedule or is it one Big domino effect and everything gets canceled and new schedules?
                                Have you guys heard any updates from your contacts?

Comment

Working...
                                X