This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by raider19 View Post
    I agree with what you are saying and get it Dale. That still doesn't make it right though. At some point I would hope things would change. Maybe I am hoping for too much in this country that we now live in. **** shame
    I promise I am not kicking a man while he is down... but what has Tech ever done in football? For that matter any of the big three. I get they made a run in basketball a few years ago but that was a one off. They unfortunately don't bring value to a TV deal. So they don't have a history of winning in the big 3 sports and they don't have value in TV deal. What can they bring to a conference? They can't stay in Big12 so they are working hard now to find a new conference and rightfully so. Hope Tech and TCU land on their feet in a great conference. I don't think the PAC12 is the best conference but is better than nothing. Again I relish Baylor sinking to the abyss they belong in.

Comment

Texas is not going to get beat up on by the big bad SEC. Lol.

Arkansas
      A&M
      Missouri
      Ole Miss
      Miss State
      Vanderbilt
      South Carolina
      Tennessee
      Auburn

That doesn't scare anyone. We already get beat up on by OU. They aren't going to play Bama and Florida every year. They already beat Georgia and played LSU tougher than anyone.

As I already said, Texas already has top 10 classes so the boost should push them up another level to Alabama, Georgia and Ohio State level. You know six 5 star guys a class. The right coach and it will be on.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

I didn’t know this came from the official Maryland Twitter account. tu is the butt of all kinds of jokes these days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
          Texas is not going to get beat up on by the big bad SEC. Lol.

Arkansas
          A&M
          Missouri
          Ole Miss
          Miss State
          Vanderbilt
          South Carolina
          Tennessee
          Auburn

That doesn't scare anyone. We already get beat up on by OU. They aren't going to play Bama and Florida every year. They already beat Georgia and played LSU tougher than anyone.

As I already said, Texas already has top 10 classes so the boost should push them up another level to Alabama, Georgia and Ohio State level. You know six 5 star guys a class. The right coach and it will be on.

Your team never played a schedule like the SEC will offer. In the Big Xll you had time to lick your wounds. Not so much when the SEC schedule rolls around.

Playing a SEC team once a year is not like playing several a year.

Comment

Jadon Scarlett DT Argyle committed to the good guys
            Last edited by Aggiehunter08; 07-26-2021, 03:28 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by c3products20 View Post
              He'll be out of Alabama the year after UT gets into the SEC! Alabama fans will KNOW they finally met a superior organization and bow to king BEVO!!!!
              I will remember this post

Comment

Originally posted by Bayouboy View Post
                Your team never played a schedule like the SEC will offer. In the Big Xll you had time to lick your wounds. Not so much when the SEC schedule rolls around.

Playing a SEC team once a year is not like playing several a year.
                [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Add in those 4 cupcakes. Plenty of time to lick wounds.

We shall see.

This is the part that rubs people the wrong way. The SEC is the best conference. However it is top heavy just like the others. The middle and bottom is not any better than other conferences. If it was that **** great everyone would be 4-4 in conference.

Last edited by Burntorange Bowhunter; 07-26-2021, 03:38 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
                  [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Add in those 4 cupcakes. Plenty of time to lick wounds.

We shall see.

You can’t turn the visitor’s locker room a/c off at away games.

Comment

[emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by El General View Post
                      And nobody is saying that Texas is gonna start whippin' Bama's ***.

While Saban is there, you have to beat Bama to win a natty. What is the difference between playing them in December and playing them in January?
                      You’re completely taking my original comment out of context. Never mind

Comment

[emoji869][emoji23][emoji869]

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by raider19 View Post
                            I just find it really hard to believe that this is what's best for college sports. College sports are about traditions, regional rivalries, and history. The vast majority of people care way more about rivalries and silly trophies than they do who wins national championship. College football is about to change over greed and pettiness. It's really sad in my opinion. OU, Texas and the SEC are directly responsible and I hope it blows up un their faces. College sports and in particular football is way more exciting and fun to watch when the large numbers of teams are relevant and competitive. We are moving towards nothing more than an NFL minor league system and away from all the history and rivalries. Boring....
                            Its not.......hasn't been for a good while now

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                              It's definitely NOT what's best for college sports, but that doesn't matter any more.

What's best for this country is NEVER considered during elections anymore.

What's best for a child's education is NEVER considered by state policy makers anymore.

The right thing, doesn't matter anymore at the highest levels.
                              We can fix it.......this is where we are

Comment

So, when will all this take place? 2025 or before?

Comment

Working...
                                X