No announcement yet.

Modern Farmhouse Build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Closing date is set for later this week. Working on getting the foundation contractor on the books. Hoping to get rolling beginning of next week.

Lumber looks to be heading the right direction. Hopefully with another month to go before framing it will continue to fall. That would definitely be a nice breath of fresh air.

Comment

I hear there are some endangered birds in that area that can delay construction and drive up cost to remove trees....

Comment

Golden Cheek Warbler?

Comment

This will be fun to follow. That’s a nice piece of Texas for you to build on, really like all the woods. Lots of windows on your house elevations so you can enjoy those awesome views you have. Good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by chehunt View Post
            Golden Cheek Warbler?
            Precisely

Comment

Originally posted by Gclyde28 View Post
              Closing date is set for later this week. Working on getting the foundation contractor on the books. Hoping to get rolling beginning of next week.

Lumber looks to be heading the right direction. Hopefully with another month to go before framing it will continue to fall. That would definitely be a nice breath of fresh air.
              Originally posted by Gclyde12 View Post
              I hear there are some endangered birds in that area that can delay construction and drive up cost to remove trees....

Holy hell in a handbasket. I just realized y'all are two different people!!! I just always see the "Gclyde" and never paid attention to the fact that there are different numbers following the name. Even the avatars are similar. Brothers? Cousins? Closet lovers?

Comment

Originally posted by curtintex View Post
                Holy hell in a handbasket. I just realized y'all are two different people!!! I just always see the "Gclyde" and never paid attention to the fact that there are different numbers following the name. Even the avatars are similar. Brothers? Cousins? Closet lovers?
                Brothers. Little bro had to one up me and take a pic with a bigger trout for his avatar.....much bigger.

Comment

Older brother is jealous he has never caught a trout that big to take a picture with.

Comment

Originally posted by Gclyde28 View Post
                    Brothers. Little bro had to one up me and take a pic with a bigger trout for his avatar.....much bigger.
                    One up him! Get you a tailgate pic with a mess of those Golden Cheek Warblers.

Comment

Originally posted by Gclyde12 View Post
                      Older brother is jealous he has never caught a trout that big to take a picture with.
                      That is a great fish!

Comment

One up him! Get you a tailgate pic with a mess of those Golden Cheek Warblers.
                        Lmao, bet that would cause a ruckus.

Comment

Met the layout crew this morning to have the foundation corners set. Also met the foundation crew this afternoon to review the corners and finalize everything. They plan to get started first thing Wednesday morning.

Things are starting to get rolling.

Comment

Foundation guys had to finish up pouring a couple other slabs before they could be at my project full time but they are making headway now. About ready to start bagging and filling in prep for plumbing rough in. Went ahead and got plumber to get their septic stub out in so they don’t have to dig down 7’ after all the fill is in at the back of the house.

Last edited by Gclyde28; 11-11-2020, 08:44 PM.

Comment

Did you have to put all that cedar brush in the dumpster?

Comment

Originally posted by Philip-TX View Post
                                Did you have to put all that cedar brush in the dumpster?
                                I didn't necessarily have to put it in a dumpster (3 dumpsters) but that was the easiest way to get it off the property in a timely manner.

Comment

Working...
                                X