Now 7.8 Billion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LWC View Post
    Here is the problem. We don't have much data. But the data we do have shows that the death rate in China where this all started has been going down every day for about three weeks. So less people are dying every day in the most crowded and polluted cities in the world. I know they took extreme measures but when you take a city (Wuhan) with over 11 million people, they are still making contact and still breathing the same air. This ain't ebola and Wuhan is reopening and starting to get back to normal activities.

3,300 people total have died from Corona in China. About 9,000 children die every day from hunger. Why aren't we stopping down the world for that?
    STOP with all the facts and data talk.

In all seriousness, I don't think the sky is falling. But there is one argument to be had that China and Iran aren't being fully transparent on their numbers, and that Italy is the true test.

All that said, does no one else see the giant red flag that China got it, then gave it to Iran? Wouldn't this beg the question, why were so many Chinese people going to Iran? And not to mention some very high level military folks in Iran got it. Who would high level military folks in Iran be catching it from? Chinese diplomats?

Comment

Originally posted by JBJTX81 View Post
      No I'm not the guy that bought all the TP.

I'm the guy that works in healthcare and is trying to tell the hillbillies out there running around at the crawfish covid spreader fest this past Saturday that "aint skeerd ah no virus" to stop spreading this **** around and killing lots of folks that wouldn't normally die.
      I get it. The media did none of us any favors early on by politicizing so much of President Trump's response and handling - choosing to "influence" rather than inform".

I didn't get it until I dug beyond the political coverage on both sides and started reading what people who didn't have a political angle were saying.

We have to slow the spread rate. It should be obvious to everyone why.

Comment

Ladies and gentlemen.
        Some of y’all haven’t quite figured out how this works. The goal is to slow this virus down some so it doesn’t hit everyone all at once and overwhelm the healthcare system.

Social distancing means stay home...AWAY from groups of people.
        This ain’t spring break part dos.

Let me explain to to those that are too arrogant to follow instructions.

Scenario:
        You’re bored and miss your friends, so you invite 15-20 friends over and have a blast.
        But unbeknownst to you....one of your buddies was exposed 3 days ago, but isn’t showing symptoms...that might not happen for another week or so or not at all. Who cares? Y’all are all healthy. But now the whole house has been exposed and potentially infected.

So y’all go to the store and hang out and expose, ohhhh, let’s say....my wife.

Big deal Kev...your kids are all healthy.

Yes they are.

But I have Lymes, which means that I have no immune system. Covid-19 will likely hit me harder than most and your selfish, arrogant, “screw this quarantine bull****, this is America and I can do whatever I want” attitude just signed my death warrant.

So.

Follow the warnings.
        I don’t give a crap if you’re bored or not. Stay home. Stay away from larger gatherings.
        Err on the side of caution.

Or don’t.

Then welcome to Italy in 2 weeks where they MAKE you stay home.

Your choice.

Comment

Q says this is "The Storm" and the virus is a cover for the 150K sealed indictments and following arrests that are forthcoming for the worlds most corrupt, pizzagate, pedorings, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by BuckySWT View Post
            Ladies and gentlemen.
            Some of y’all haven’t quite figured out how this works. The goal is to slow this virus down some so it doesn’t hit everyone all at once and overwhelm the healthcare system.

Scenario:
            You’re bored and miss your friends, so you invite 15-20 friends over and have a blast.
            But unbeknownst to you....one of your buddies was exposed 3 days ago, but isn’t showing symptoms...that might not happen for another week or so or not at all. Who cares? Y’all are all healthy. But now the whole house has been exposed and potentially infected.

Yes they are.

But I have Lymes, which means that I have no immune system. Covid-19 will likely hit me harder than most and your selfish, arrogant, “screw this quarantine bull****, this is America and I can do whatever I want” attitude just signed my death warrant.

So.

Follow the warnings.
            I don’t give a crap if you’re bored or not. Stay home. Stay away from larger gatherings.

Or don’t.

Your choice.
            Are you sequestered in your house?

Comment

Kev, we understand what the goal is. But at what cost? Couldn't roughly the same goal be accomplished if you, granny, and any other high risk folks just quarantined yourselves? The people that don't need to get sick won't get sick. This could be done at virtually no cost to the general public and world economy.

Comment

Originally posted by BuckySWT View Post
                Ladies and gentlemen.

Scenario:

Yes they are.

So.

Follow the warnings.

Or don’t.

Your choice.
                Its just a virus though. Its just like getting the flu or a cold. The common cold is a Karona Virus too! People get the the flu and the cold all the time. Your just over reacting calm down man...Come out to my crawfish boil this weekend. I bet I can get a longer keg stand in that you! Aint Skeerd!

Comment

Kev, we understand what the goal is. But at what cost? Couldn't roughly the same goal be accomplished if you, granny, and any other high risk folks just quarantined yourselves? The people that don't need to get sick won't get sick. This could be done at virtually no cost to the general public and world economy.
                  If that is the case then why isn't a single government in the world forcing quarantining on the "at risk" population and letting life go on as normal for everyone else? Not a rhetorical question...

Comment

If that is the case then why isn't a single government in the world forcing quarantining on the "at risk" population and letting life go on as normal for everyone else? Not a rhetorical question...
                    That is pretty much what the UK has done.

Comment

Then why do we have outbreaks world wide right now? Malaysia, Singapore, Thailand, Vietnam??? Those places are tropical.

https://www.arcgis.com/apps/opsdashb...23467b48e9ecf6
                      Tropical places have flu seasons. And the season appears to be open.

Flu – that contagious respiratory illness caused by a virus – is common to just about every country, with most of the annual outbreaks occurring just once a year during the winter. Not so in Thailand: As in other tropical countries, flu hits twice a year – from January to March and then again in the rainy season from June to August. Experts are judging the likely severity of this rainy season outbreak based on reported cases from January to March and this year, there were some 40,000 cases of flu and three deaths attributable to the virus.

With flu season just around the corner, it's time to start thinking about that annual jab
                      Last edited by batmaninja; 03-17-2020, 01:17 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Low Fence View Post
                        My days were known before I was ever born

Worrying won’t add one second to my life
                        Exactly

Comment

Without a vaccine, there is simply no way to stop a virus from spreading. It is inevitable. People have to be able to live, which means going out into society.

Comment

Originally posted by ttaxidermy View Post
                            That is the population of this ball we call Earth.

2% of that 7.8 Billion population = 156 million

.003% of that 7.8 Billion population = 234,000

We have less than 200,000 cases of this virus on this globe in what's being called a pandemic.. So less than .003% is a pandemic I guess?

It Just doesn't seem bad enough to justify pulling the plug on our Nation.
                            its just getting started....

Comment

Tough to do when we need stuff like groceries.
                              And toilet paper.

My house isn’t the concern.

What’s so hard about everyone helping out and parking it for two weeks so our healthcare ppl can get on top of this.

Will this pass? Absolutely.

You can rebuild a business.
                              You can find a new job. I know...Lymes cost me my teaching job in Feb.

You cannot bring someone back from the dead.

Stay home.

I’d rather be ridiculed for being too conservative on this and being overly cautious than be the guy that costs someone’s kids’ a father, or grandmother, etc.

Comment

Its just a virus though. Its just like getting the flu or a cold. The common cold is a Karona Virus too! People get the the flu and the cold all the time. Your just over reacting calm down man...Come out to my crawfish boil this weekend. I bet I can get a longer keg stand in that you! Aint Skeerd!

It’s just a virus that nobody on this planet has ever experienced.

That’s the big point.

There’s zero data bc this hasn’t run its course.
                                Nobody truly knows anything bc there hasn’t been time to figure it out.

They need time. Once they do, this will be no big deal and life goes on. We will bounce back. We always do.

So stay home, love on your kids, have Faith in God that HE will get us through this, and give the people who are desperately trying to get this under control and save lives time to do their jobs.

But it’s that flippant view that is going to cost lives OR get us slapped w martial law. *see italy*

But I’ll take you up on that crawfish boil and if you’ll let me get off this disulfiram treatment for Lymes Disease in June.....I’ll even bring the beer. [emoji106]

Comment

Working...
                                X