Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Arlington Restaurants?

Hey guys,
    The wife and I are bringing the kids to six flags for a couple of days during spring break. Where do we need to eat? What are some of yalls favorite restaurants?

good timing... we tried a new one over there last weekend, called Flying Fish.
    Awesome for seafood. Is in the Downtown area, can't remember the street.

Comment

Babe's Chicken if you like fried chicken. It's a couple miles from six flags. Texas Live is a pretty cool place as well. It's right beside Globe Life Park.

Originally posted by colonel62 View Post
      Hey guys,
      The wife and I are bringing the kids to six flags for a couple of days during spring break. Where do we need to eat? What are some of yalls favorite restaurants?

Comment

I'll throw in a few.

Prince Lebanese - Near Randol Mill and Cooper. An Arlington institution has been featured on Food Network in several shows.

Tipsy Oak - in old Downtown area. Newer place, gastropub type, serving Americana menu done well. Features many local beers which are really very good.

Rudy's Barbecue, off I20 frontage road between Collins and Matlock. I'm not saying its the best in town, but ranks high on the list of the franchised BBQ places in the area. Certainly better than Colters/Cokers/Spring Creek.

Pho Pasteur - Near Center St and Arkansas. If you're up for Vietnamese brothy soups, cant go wrong with a steaming bowl of their Pho. Wife and I are usually the palest faces in the joint.

Pappadeax Seafood Kitchen - Also not local but serve some great seafood dishes. Also very close to Six Flags.

If you're in the mood for a great sandwhich, - Dino's subs- Another Arlington institution on Collins close to Six Flags. Sub shop doing it right way, I believe since 1980.
        Last edited by VanX; 03-06-2020, 08:25 AM.

Comment

The Best Chicago Style Deep Dish Pizza! Find your closest Gino's East location or order online now. Explore our menu and find your favorite pizza! Ships nationwide via Goldbelly.

incredible deep dish pizza

Comment

Babe's chicken, served family style. Choice of chicken fried steak, smoked chicken, catfish, chicken tenders. Sides of creamed corn, green beans and mashed potatoes and gravy. Biscuits and salad on the side.

Comment

We are in Arlington now for a baseball tournament and went to Twisted Root Burger Co. last night good burger and cold beer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Another vote for Babes

Comment

Davids BBQ if your wanting BBQ. Its some of the best around.

Comment

Babes chicken diner
                    Dino subs
                    Twisted root burger
                    Grease Monkey burgers
                    Magic mushroom pizza
                    Old school pizza
                    Sherlocks pub
                    Pho 99
                    Andalous Mediterranean

A few of my favorites from my time in Arlington

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Thanks for the options guys. Gonna add them to my list.

Comment

I would recommend Mixed Up Burgers right up 360 off Ave K. Phenomenal burgers and amazing fries. They often have a groupon. If you like Mediterranean there is Prince Lebanese and Gyro House off Cooper and Randal Mill.

Comment

Davids used to be great! Ever since the fire, it's just been Ok but still solid. Twisted root is pretty good as well as Grease Monkey for burgers as mentioned above.

Prespa's for Italian(byob)

Comment

Cafe Pulido for Tex Mex. Long time staple in this part of the world, same crew still running it from when I was a kid a LONG time ago

Comment

Working...
                            X