Gall Bladder Surgery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gall Bladder Surgery

Question for those have had Gall Bladder surgery.....I have been diagnosed with gall stones...I would rather have the surgery at my time rather than let them decide when to get them out. How long did you go where you could not shoot your bow.....Trying to get surgery scheduled for October 15th...would I be able to draw my recurve in a week? or two weeks?

Hi Mike. Depends on how much they have to cut on you. When I had it they were able to do the laparoscopic surgery. I had 5 one inch incisions around my abdomen. I think I was shooting again in a few weeks.

Comment

Wife just had it 2 weeks ago... she was cleared for a return to work today... Clearance came at exactly 2 weeks from day of surgery... Three little incisions with steri-strips in upper abdomen and 1 in the belly button with 2 steri-strips... She feels SO much better now!! I'd say don't put it off any longer than you have to... Her's was and emergency procedure because of sudden and serious pain... she'd been putting it off for 6 weeks beyond diagnosis...

Comment

Had it done last December. For drawing I would give it a month.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

Talk to firecuss on TBH....he just had it done this September...and he is hunting this weekend

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
            Wife just had it 2 weeks ago... she was cleared for a return to work today... Clearance came at exactly 2 weeks from day of surgery... Three little incisions with steri-strips in upper abdomen and 1 in the belly button with 2 steri-strips... She feels SO much better now!! I'd say don't put it off any longer than you have to... Her's was and emergency procedure because of sudden and serious pain... she'd been putting it off for 6 weeks beyond diagnosis...
            This is what I went through almost to the letter. I had emergency surgery at 5AM on Monday, got out in time to get to my son's baseball game Tues afternoon, and went back to work Wed. morning....but I was instructed not to lift anything over 15lbs. I'd think in two weeks you could shoot just fine.

I didn't have gall stones, but what was described to me as "sludge" in the gall bladder. He said when it came out it was a red, swollen, inflamed mess. I was having "episodes" of extreme pain on and off at night that started out lasting an hour or so, and the last one I made it through was 3-4 hours. The last one before surgery started at 6PM Sunday and was excrutiating, and constant pain until I went to the hospital at 3:30. The Toradol shot was the only thing that brought any relief until that **** thing was out.

I've never slept so good in my life as I did when it was over.

Comment

I had a gall bladder attack at the deer lease two years ago. No phones and 247 miles from home with a 17 mile dirt road ride. Good thing I had a buddy with me or I wouldn't have made it home. Surgeon said its a good thing I didn't decide to tough it out cuz I might not have made it.

They did my laparoscopy and everything worked out. I was out of work for about 2 weeks. Now, there are certain foods I can't eat because if I do I might as well have drank the cool-aid for a colonoscopy.

Comment

I went in with terrible pains in my abdomen, and walked out the next day from having mine removed. Took off one day after that, and went back to work. I wasn’t supposed to lift anything heavy for a while, but it didn’t slow me down any.
                I can confirm with some of the above about certain foods, too. Every once in a while, it will hit like a ton of bricks, and I better be Real close to a toilet. It’s been 3 years since I had mine removed.

Comment

My experience says two weeks is pushing it. You will probably feel like you can do it no problem and then right about the time you get to full draw you'll feel the tension. For me, I felt fine walking around and doing most normal tasks but anything that stretched my abdomen was painful. Best I can describe it is like there was a chain running from my belly button to the end of my manhood and it was at least a link if not two too short. I remember at my two week checkup I asked the doc if I could play golf and he said no, I know you feel like you can but don't, you're not ready. I called BS and tried swinging a golf club at home to see how it felt, I almost passed out.

Comment

Gall Bladder Surgery

I had Mine removed. My was leaking. Talk about instant relief. I was in pain 3 days before I went to the er . With in about 3 hrs I was having it removed. Recovery wasn’t to bad other then incision getting infected. Had to cram a ribbon like bandage in the cut . And that crap hurt .

Comment

Originally posted by Pkripper View Post
                      Had it done last December. For drawing I would give it a month.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
                      I agree with Pkripper. I had Lathroscopic, I got carted from the stand alone ER to hospital by ambulance to have surgery after trying to tough it out a few days. I had large stones getting stuck in my duct. It had stretched to 9mm's.

It takes 6 weeks to be 100% healed.

Comment

Had mine out and went hunting and shot a deer with bow a week after.

Comment

Working...
                        X