2020 catfish thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2020 catfish thread

Seen a few other fish species thread so I figured I’d start one more. Springtime cat fishing is getting cranked up and nothing beats fooling a big ole yella cat or taking the kids and loading up on channels and blues on noodles. Figured we could use this thread for all things catfish and maybe coordinate some trips with fellow TBHers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When it gets a little warmer I will start throwing out noodles and letting them soak while I crappie fish.

Comment

We did catch a few blues and channel cats yesterday but no pics.

Comment

Originally posted by RockTippedStick View Post
        We did catch a few blues and channel cats yesterday but no pics.

Caught 8 big channels yesterday as well. Some already with eggs

Comment

I’m in. Good thread

Comment

Im in also. We flat tore em up on Conroe and Livingston last spring!

Comment

I'm in but it will be awhile before I get started fishing really hard for channel cat. I usually get cranking on them in April or May. I'll post up my results when I go.

Comment

Originally posted by huntindude View Post
                Seen a few other fish species thread so I figured I’d start one more. Springtime cat fishing is getting cranked up and nothing beats fooling a big ole yella cat or taking the kids and loading up on channels and blues on noodles. Figured we could use this thread for all things catfish and maybe coordinate some trips with fellow TBHers

You’re in my neck of the woods, any suggestions on where to go. I was looking at the Colorado north of 35, or putting in below the spillway and running up there.

Comment

Originally posted by DKirk View Post
                  You’re in my neck of the woods, any suggestions on where to go. I was looking at the Colorado north of 35, or putting in below the spillway and running up there.

Pm coming

Comment

Was just watching videos on diddy poles. I have a place along river that is suppose to get some big cats. Can't wait to set some lines out.

Comment

Where are you guys fishing? I grew up fishing Lake Texana mostly with my best friend and his dad. Used to kill them on jugs. Looking to get back into it again soon. I have Lake Corpus Christi, Coleto Creek, and Texana at my disposal.

Comment

Originally posted by HUNTNETIME View Post
                        Where are you guys fishing? I grew up fishing Lake Texana mostly with my best friend and his dad. Used to kill them on jugs. Looking to get back into it again soon. I have Lake Corpus Christi, Coleto Creek, and Texana at my disposal.

Mainly the Colorado River just because it is close and what I know. I live close to the Brazos so may give it a shot some this year. I fished lake Conroe as a kid and man those sure were the good ole days. Haven’t been there in prolly 20 years but would love to make a weekend trip back up that way even though I probably wouldn’t have any clue as to what to do since I’m sure that lake is so different now than it used to be with all of the development

Comment

I have been trapping next to the San Antonio River lately so I snuck down the bank a few times to try it out. Caught maybe 30 w/in a couple days.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Finally some pictures. Anyone using livescope for trying to catch big one's. When I'm out fishing timber for crappy I see um and hook some but have a hard time getting them in on a number 2 hook.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

Been killing them on Twak, and it's on fire right now.
                              We have boated over a 100, that were over 40lbs this yr.
                              122 I think is the exact number.
                              Never keep em though, unless we hang a little guy.
                              One day that 80lb is going to show up!
                              At least that's the goal.
                              72lb is the mark we're trying to beat.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X