No announcement yet.

Keto 2021

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

one of the benefits of going keto is becoming aware of what you're really eating

Comment

Here is a Keto Broccoli Salad recipe that I enjoy.

8 cups fresh broccoli cut into bite sized pieces
      1/4 cup red onion, diced finely
      1/2 cup sunflower or pumpkin seeds
      4 ounces cheddar cheese, cubed
      3/4 cup mayonnaise
      5 tablespoons low-carb sweetener (I use Splenda) (more or less to taste)
      2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
      salt and pepper to taste
      1/2 lb bacon, cooked and crumbled

Macros for 1/2 cup serving: Calories: 266, Fat: 25g, Carbohydrates: 4g, Fiber: 2g, Protein: 8g

Mix everything together and refrigerate for an hour before eating.

Comment

Keep avocados, olives, pecans, and cheese on hand to add to any meal or as a snack to get more fat in your diet while keeping the protein and carbs down.

Comment

Gotcha, thx!!!

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by rtp View Post
            Keep avocados, olives, pecans, and cheese on hand to add to any meal or as a snack to get more fat in your diet while keeping the protein and carbs down.
            I like all of those!!![emoji108] How about coke zero and sprite zero??

Last edited by Landrover; 01-15-2021, 10:00 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Landrover View Post
              Another something I read on the thread......"no fruit?" Well, someone else said berries are ok. I have been murdering [emoji521], [emoji519], [emoji524], [emoji530]and fresh squeezed orange juice by the quart.

Apples and peaches and such are high in carbs and sugar (fructose). Rasberries and blackberries and strawberries are pretty low carb, as are several other things you might not normally think of. Blueberries and cranberries are borderline - OK in moderation. Bananas and pineapple are crazy high carb. Dried fruits are really high in sugar. Stay away from those.

Get something like the myfitnesspal app. Even if you don't use it to track everything you eat, you can plug in a particular food and see the macros of that food. I used it to track all my meals and macros for the first 2-3 months. More than anything, that helped me learn which foods to eat and which to avoid.

If y’all order salmon and veggies at a restaurant, ask for a side of melted butter. Dip your fish and vegetables in it. Easy way to add some fat. Just make sure it’s real butter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              ^Yep, or ask for olive oil - or both.

Venison sausage and various cuts are good........right???
              Oh my probiotic gummy are 5g carb........FAIL!!!!![emoji378]

Eat full fat Greek yogurt, sauerkraut, and/or other fermented foods for your probiotics.

Comment

Put your raspberries or blackberries on your full fat greek yogurt. I also add a packet of monk fruit. I normally go with about 2-3 oz of berries on 6 oz of yogurt.

Comment

Awesome [emoji108].......tweaking stuff as you type. Great info. I have been killing this training regime with waaaaaaaay too much fruit.

Comment

Anyone have a 7day Carnivore meal plan? If so, can you please PM me? Thanks!

Comment

Put your raspberries or blackberries on your full fat greek yogurt. I also add a packet of monk fruit. I normally go with about 2-3 oz of berries on 6 oz of yogurt.
                      I add some vanilla too. Sometimes instead of yogurt, I put heavy cream on the berries. Sometimes yogurt and cream. Sometimes cream cheese.

Comment

I like all of those!!![emoji108] How about coke zero and sprite zero??

Man is that a controversial topic. Im a coke zero guy. I may have one per day. Sometimes I go days without one. Pros, it does satisfy my urge for something sweet if Im out and about. It will also give me a feeling of fullness for awhile. Down side is the carbonation will keep your stomach stretched out and it will also trigger an insulin response because your brain senses you have had something sweet even though there isnt any sugar in it. For me, I havent seen it have much if any effect on my goals and progress in the past. Someone mentioned Zevias earlier, you may want to give them a try. They are much better for you because they dont have artificial sweetner in them. My wife loves them, I could never develop a taste for them.

I would say if you are having multiple sodas per day, you need to cut that out. I also think it impedes some people's ability to get all of their water in everyday. I try to drink about 90 oz per day to 120 oz of water per day. Drinking water will keep you feeling full and "wash" all of the stuff out of your system.

Comment

If I want something other than water, I drink Topo Chico instead of Coke Zero and stuff. I like the regular, and then I add lime juice.
                          Last edited by Shane; 01-15-2021, 11:09 AM.

Comment

Man is that a controversial topic. Im a coke zero guy. I may have one per day. Sometimes I go days without one. Pros, it does satisfy my urge for something sweet if Im out and about. It will also give me a feeling of fullness for awhile. Down side is the carbonation will keep your stomach stretched out and it will also trigger an insulin response because your brain senses you have had something sweet even though there isnt any sugar in it. For me, I havent seen it have much if any effect on my goals and progress in the past. Someone mentioned Zevias earlier, you may want to give them a try. They are much better for you because they dont have artificial sweetner in them. My wife loves them, I could never develop a taste for them.

I would say if you are having multiple sodas per day, you need to cut that out. I also think it impedes some people's ability to get all of their water in everyday. I try to drink about 90 oz per day to 120 oz of water per day. Drinking water will keep you feeling full and "wash" all of the stuff out of your system.
                            Great feedback sir. [emoji106] I have gone to the little cans of coke zero......7 ounces. About 5 or 6 per week,, so not crazy amounts. I hate water.....may need to squirt some no sugar , no carb taste in it. [emoji854]

Comment

Originally posted by Shane View Post
                              If I want something other than water, I drink Topo Chico instead of Coke Zero and stuff. I like the regular, and then I add lime juice.
                              I had it once and almost died!!![emoji3061] Lemon and limes and I don't get along either. Just gotta get on this water bandwagon.[emoji120]

Comment

Great feedback sir. [emoji106] I have gone to the little cans of coke zero......7 ounces. About 5 or 6 per week,, so not crazy amounts. I hate water.....may need to squirt some no sugar , no carb taste in it. [emoji854]

I do coke and Sprite zero, but in moderation. No side effects for me. I think a lot of people dont like the artificial sweeteners, but moderation is always the key.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X