No announcement yet.

Keto 2021

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do you enter meal info accurately into Carb Manager etc on “Keto recipes” made at home with any accuracy?

Individual items are easy but when you make a pot of many ingredients it seems to become a guess as to how much of each ingredient you get

Comment

How long after you start getting strong results on the test strips before you actually reach ketosis?

Comment

Originally posted by Shane View Post
        IF is Intermittent Fasting. That is where you eat all meals for a number of days and then fast for a day or two periodically. One example is 5:2 - eat normal for 5 days, then fast for 2.

Time restricted eating is when you eat all of your daily food in a small time window while fasting for most of the hours in a day. This is what I do. I eat only lunch and supper, so I eat all my food in a 6-7 hour window, and then I don't eat anything after supper until lunch the next day.
        Ahaaa!!!! I can handle the way you it for sure. I'm usually busy or to lazy to have breakfast anyway. Now time for my 10 mile bike ride and 2 miles of walking.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

Another something I read on the thread......"no fruit?" Well, someone else said berries are ok. I have been murdering [emoji521], [emoji519], [emoji524], [emoji530]and fresh squeezed orange juice by the quart.

Comment

Originally posted by Landrover View Post
            Another something I read on the thread......"no fruit?" Well, someone else said berries are ok. I have been murdering [emoji521], [emoji519], [emoji524], [emoji530]and fresh squeezed orange juice by the quart.

Yeah, all that’s a no go for keto. The sugar in those fruits are wayyy too high. One 8oz glass of OJ is like 25 grams of carbs. You can have very limited berries per day. Blackberries, raspberries, blueberries.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

If y’all order salmon and veggies at a restaurant, ask for a side of melted butter. Dip your fish and vegetables in it. Easy way to add some fat. Just make sure it’s real butter.

Comment

Originally posted by bboswell View Post
                How do you enter meal info accurately into Carb Manager etc on “Keto recipes” made at home with any accuracy?

Individual items are easy but when you make a pot of many ingredients it seems to become a guess as to how much of each ingredient you get

A lot of the recipes I find nowadays have the macros listed at the end. If not I just weigh/measure each ingredient as I make it. Then If I ate 1/4 of it, I enter 1/4 of each ingredient I used. None of this is going to be perfect.

Comment

One of my go to’s is I make the ranch dressing Outback Steakhouse uses. I like it for my salad but I use it mostly to dip celery in. I love ranch dressing but after using this regular ranch is kinda meh for me.

Comment

Originally posted by rtp View Post
                    A lot of the recipes I find nowadays have the macros listed at the end. If not I just weigh/measure each ingredient as I make it. Then If I ate 1/4 of it, I enter 1/4 of each ingredient I used. None of this is going to be perfect.

He’s right. It’ll never be perfect, but if you’re in the ballpark, you’re good. It’s a pain in the butt to load a new recipe into the app the first time, but you can save the recipe. If it becomes something regularly ate around your house, then future entries are easier. There’s also user submissions on CarbManager. Some of the online recipes, others have already done the work for you. You just have to doublecheck their work and if it matches the macros listed on the online recipe, you’re golden.

Comment

Originally posted by CentralTXHunter View Post
                      Yeah, all that’s a no go for keto. The sugar in those fruits are wayyy too high. One 8oz glass of OJ is like 25 grams of carbs. You can have very limited berries per day. Blackberries, raspberries, blueberries.

Ouch!!!! Lawdy.......I gotta reset my [emoji3447] now.[emoji36]

Comment

Originally posted by RascalArms View Post
                        Passing on an easy prep keto recipe we made for dinner last night. It was really tasty. Definitely suggest the sour cream and added sliced jalapeños in the end.

we made this last night, it was awesome, thanks for posting it.

I have been under 20 carbs everyday this week, feel great, can already tell my clothes fit a tad better.

Comment

we have made this one a few times. https://www.chef-michael.com/recipes...en-chile-verde

Comment

I love this for a side. https://gimmedelicious.com/keto-crea...ssels-sprouts/

Comment

Venison sausage and various cuts are good........right???
                              Oh my probiotic gummy are 5g carb........FAIL!!!!![emoji378]

Comment

Originally posted by Landrover View Post
                                Venison sausage and various cuts are good........right???
                                Oh my probiotic gummy are 5g carb........FAIL!!!!![emoji378]

Yes, you can eat venison sausage. I made summer sausage last year out of venison and pork. I just found a venison summer sausage recipe and found the nutrition label to know about how many fats, calories and carbs I was eating. If you are eating straight deer meet you just need to add additional fats with your sides.

Comment

Working...
                                X