2021 Crappie Thread!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
    Watch out chris Hansen will want to talk to you.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Them Broaddus gala won’t turn him in! They like the attention more than his old azz does!! He might get something saltwater won’t scrub off though! Bring one more boobies if y’all gonna goon up this thread with ocean perch talk!

Comment

Originally posted by Slew View Post
      Them Broaddus gala won’t turn him in! They like the attention more than his old azz does!! He might get something saltwater won’t scrub off though! Bring one more boobies if y’all gonna goon up this thread with ocean perch talk!
      T he kind of girls that give you the clap so bad they called it Applause

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
        Watch out chris Hansen will want to talk to you.

Who is this Chris guy you spoke of

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

They come over here spreading hate. They're jealous of how organized we are in the crappie thread. [emoji38]

Comment

Oh I goggles ol Chris now I know

Comment

Originally posted by TexasLongball View Post
              What would be a go-to minnow-replacement lure for a farm pond that is overrun with crappie? We usually fish my mom's place with minnows but she told me that the local bait shop went out of business.
              I need to get 80-100 out of there.
              I've got a small pond behind my house, maybe 1/2 acre in size. I rigged up my new Livescope on a John boat a couple of days ago and looked around the pond. There are definitely some fish in there, and the pond is 9' deep. I need to put some structure in it and try fishing it again. The only time we tried to fish it was the when we moved in almost 3 years ago. I caught one crappie, with the black stripe along the spine.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Snowflake Killa View Post
                Oh I goggles ol Chris now I know

No need for a snowflake special on dateline

Comment

They come over here spreading hate. They're jealous of how organized we are in the crappie thread. [emoji38]

See ya next weekend, or maybe the weekend after that... or maybe August

Comment

Saltwater: Very corrosive
                    Freshwater: It's not!

Saltwater: Can give you a virus that will kill you
                    Freshwater: No such thing

Saltwater: All the fish have big FN teeth
                    Freshwater: Small at best

Saltwater: You feel really nasty at the end of the day
                    Freshwater: Like a fresh spring day

Saltwater: When you Wade fish you have to shuffle your feet are you could get stabbed with a fish
                    Freshwater: This doesn't apply to freshwater

I hope this helps change your mind[emoji1787][emoji23][emoji1787]

I love this. I grew up on trinity bay/Galveston bay. Fished the surf as often as I could (still my very favorite), walked a million miles flounder gigging, spent countless hours on a shrimp boat but we have had a place on the lake for many years now and I just don’t have the same enthusiasm for salt as I did when I was younger mostly because of all the reasons you listed. I love my lazy days on the pontoon jugging or trolling, when it gets too hot just drop anchor and jump in and drink some beer.

I kinda equate salt water fishing to bow hunting and fresh water to rifle hunting. When I just want to really relax I hit the lake or grab a rifle
                    When I have that urge to grind and I’m on a mission I hit the salt or grab a bow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Oh and yall have crabs [emoji886]

And lice!

Comment

Originally posted by Keith View Post
                        I've got a small pond behind my house, maybe 1/2 acre in size. I rigged up my new Livescope on a John boat a couple of days ago and looked around the pond. There are definitely some fish in there, and the pond is 9' deep. I need to put some structure in it and try fishing it again. The only time we tried to fish it was the when we moved in almost 3 years ago. I caught one crappie, with the black stripe along the spine.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

I've caught a bunch of those over the years. I've never caught any of big size. Most were under legal or barley legal, maybe 11' at the most. I've always known them as "Mowhawks". Was told they are a hybrid back in the '80s. But don't know if that's true or not.

Comment

Originally posted by OldRiverRat View Post

I kinda equate salt water fishing to bow hunting and fresh water to rifle hunting. When I just want to really relax I hit the lake or grab a rifle
                          When I have that urge to grind and I’m on a mission I hit the salt or grab a bow.

This is reasonable

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
                            I've caught a bunch of those over the years. I've never caught any of big size. Most were under legal or barley legal, maybe 11' at the most. I've always known them as "Mowhawks". Was told they are a hybrid back in the '80s. But don't know if that's true or not.

All the big fish in Table rock we caught were hybrids. Had one just shy of 2 pounds. Most are small like Conroe crappie though!

Comment

Originally posted by OldRiverRat View Post
                              I love this. I grew up on trinity bay/Galveston bay. Fished the surf as often as I could (still my very favorite), walked a million miles flounder gigging, spent countless hours on a shrimp boat but we have had a place on the lake for many years now and I just don’t have the same enthusiasm for salt as I did when I was younger mostly because of all the reasons you listed. I love my lazy days on the pontoon jugging or trolling, when it gets too hot just drop anchor and jump in and drink some beer.

Me too basically grew up in Bolivar . Worked on a shrimp boat one summer. Back when you cut the crabs out of the net no market for them. Oh and let's not forget the Gypsies with there 2 mile net's

Comment

Although this isn't as tempting as some recent pics! Here is tonight's dinner. Crappie cakes and parmasean crusted crappie in the air fryer. Only complaint is I didn't have any leftovers!
                                Last edited by TeamAmerica; 01-12-2021, 09:51 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X