X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good luck Gents!

Comment

Originally posted by doug View Post
      Good luck! I'll see yall tomorrow. I dont expect a stand by spot but you got to try.
      Allow me to be your ray of sunshine in a cold and gloomy day....

Once upon a time

Me and two buddies departed my house at 0700 for chance at hunting a exotic filled marsh on the Texas coast. We rode down 59 chatting and spitting levi garret in cups in preparation for an exotic slaughter. That 1 ton was loaded with coolers of snacks, after hunt libations and purrin like a kitten. We stopped for a breakfast in the house of orange and white stripes and maintained good time despite the back up on 59S.

We drove in the powder horn gate to find a rather pleasant fellow greeting us with a warm smile and a 'good luck fellas!!'. We had arrived!! After a bend in the road we was next greeted by the sight of 150 trucks and people eerrrywhare!! SUVs, 250 kang ranches, UTVs and even a white creeper van.
      And they kept coming, then they came some more.

It was a sea of urnge of hungry stand by hunters. All 200 of us. Orange was social distancing in the breeze and scattered about 3 acres of dirt. Still hope full we dropped our names in the bucket and waited. Once the bucket was empty we realized our defeat. We had not drawn one of the 5 open spots. So we did what anyone else would have done, we took a leak on that place and loaded our aces back up and drove back to magnolia with a heads hung low.

BUT alas..........we didnt have to work that day
      Last edited by Quackerbox; 01-11-2021, 08:23 AM.

Comment

Truck is loaded, just waiting for our predetermined departure time!! Chomping at the bit!!

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

I too am all loaded up. Waiting on 9:45 to drop the boy off and then I'll be heading over to pick up gwellstx.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post

Once upon a time

Me and two buddies departed my house at 0700 for chance at hunting a exotic filled marsh on the Texas coast. We rode down 59 chatting and spitting levi garret in cups in preparation for an exotic slaughter. That 1 ton was loaded with coolers of snacks, after hunt libations and purrin like a kitten. We stopped for a breakfast in the house of orange and white stripes and maintained good time despite the back up on 59S.

We drove in the powder horn gate to find a rather pleasant fellow greeting us with a warm smile and a 'good luck fellas!!'. We had arrived!! After a bend in the road we was next greeted by the sight of 150 trucks and people eerrrywhare!! SUVs, 250 kang ranches, UTVs and even a white creeper van.

It was a sea of urnge of hungry stand by hunters. All 200 of us. Orange was social distancing in the breeze and scattered about 3 acres of dirt. Still hope full we dropped our names in the bucket and waited. Once the bucket was empty we realized our defeat. We had not drawn one of the 5 open spots. So we did what anyone else would have done, we took a leak on that place and loaded our aces back up and drove back to magnolia with a heads hung low.

That would suck! Luckily i'll only have to make the 45 minute drive back to my lease. Then spend the week deciding if i'll fill some of our doe and cull tags. Our maybe make the drive to PINS for some surf fishing. Or maybe hit the jetties for sheepshead. One thing for sure is I won't be going to work! . Life is good!

Comment

Looking forward to this hunt. I have been fishing POC since I was old enough to fish and have always admired the Powederhorn Ranch. As a kid I would always stare out the window as we passed the ranch to look for game (deer, pigs, coyotes, turkey, dove, quail, ducks, sandbar, axis, etc). Fast forward 40 years and I still gaze out the window as I pass that ranch as do my kids. That shoreline along West Matagorda Bay can light up with trout in the summer too. Good luck. I will be following!

Comment

Originally posted by Fargus View Post
                I too am all loaded up. Waiting on 9:45 to drop the boy off and then I'll be heading over to pick up gwellstx.

Looks good! Holler if yall forget or need anything. Im not heading south till later this afternoon.

Comment

Good Luck Guys!

Comment

Good luck gentlemen! It is a spectacular place and a super fun hunt.

Comment

following. good luck!

Comment

Once upon a time

Shoulda went to POC and got torched

Comment

Good luck! Maybe I'll draw one day.

Comment

Originally posted by Fargus View Post

I hope you got a floor jack in all that stuff...........

Originally posted by Mexico View Post
                            Shoulda went to POC and got torched
                            Should have, specially since I wasnt driving.

Comment

I hope you got a floor jack in all that stuff...........

Should have, specially since I wasnt driving.
                              Definitely! I have 2!!!

Comment

Drove by that place last week! Good luck guys!!

Comment

Working...
                                X