Pigeons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pigeons

Why don't we consume them? I was sitting in hotel lobby in quarantine in another country waiting to get to work offshore. They had pigeons all around and it got me to thinking about why do we not consume these things. Some of them are the size of a junior size football and could provide a whole heck of alot more meat than the standard dove. I'm genuinely curious. Are they protected? Is it the stigma that they're considered a trash bird cause of what they consume in an urban environment?

Forgive me guys I'm bored off my mind stuck in a hotel for 10 days waiting for work and this is what I think of.

Boone and Crockett pigeon right there!
    Attached Files

Comment

Is he banded? Lol

Comment

I have eaten them, but some people do t like them because they are the rodents of birds and eat all kinds of crap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I have consumed pigeons shot out in a field with mourning dove and ringnecks. Cleans up like a giant dove. I'm not sure I would eat inner city park pigeon though .
          Last edited by Smart; 01-03-2021, 02:49 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by bmac View Post
            I have eaten them, but some people do t like them because they are the rodents of birds and eat all kinds of crap.

How did it taste? Similar to dove?

Comment

We used to wear em out around the barns growing up taste just like a big dove

Comment

Originally posted by bmac View Post
                but some people do t like them because they are the rodents of birds and eat all kinds of crap.
                But folks love chickens ...lol

Comment

Big ol dove. I’ve eaten before and can’t really tell the difference except for the size.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                    But folks love chickens ...lol
                    This is my thought as well. Its not like free range chickens are any different. They eat all sorts of crap.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                      I have consumed pigeons shot out in a field with mourning dove and ringnecks. Cleans up like a giant dove. I'm not sure I would eat inner city park pigeon though .
                      We eat em every year. They’re delish!!

SQUAB!!

Comment

Squab

Comment

How do yall prepare the pigeons? Like a huge dove popper, roast, bake, grill?

Comment

[ATTACH]1034742[/ATTACH]

Comment

Originally posted by LlanoHunter10 View Post
                              How do yall prepare the pigeons? Like a huge dove popper, roast, bake, grill?
                              Huge dove popper here.

Comment

Working...
                              X