End of 2020 Live from CDLC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mary View Post
    Very exciting morning for me. We’re working through the cleaning and caping, so....story later, but.....

It’s been a minute since J-Bone and I had a double. Happy momma!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow wee. That's a stud Mary. That big ol 8 is great too.
    Congrats guys.

Comment

Very exciting morning for me. We’re working through the cleaning and caping, so....story later, but.....

Good stuff right there! Congrats to you both!

Comment

Pretty dang good week for us. Now on to axis. The 2021 Mathews bows worked well!
        One for the 27” V3, one for the 31” V3, and one for the Prima.

The XX was for effect only. No actual beers were harmed in the taking of this picture.

Comment

It was an eventful morning for me. I crawled in the blind and set up the camera with still quite a bit of time before feeder would go off. This is the blind Kevin had been hunting. I felt it was time for a change up for both of us. He went off to 12 and I got settled in the dark trying to guess at shooting lanes.

Before light, I had does filtering in to hand corn. Then....I could see a wide, thick and big body. Couldn’t tell how wide, thick and big....but it got my heart pumping!

This buck was in love with any doe that he could get close to and with nose down and tail in the air.....he went to chasing. He was in and out of the brush quite a few times. I went silent with the group because I had put the phone down, clipped on release and was ready. I knew if I got a shot, it would be a small window of opportunity.

There was one doe there that was curious about the blind. The Ozonics confused her...but I feel like she knew someone was close. She kept me from shooting twice.

In between chasing girls, he would stop and grab some corn. When I had a shot, the doe was in a stare down or he would run to eat facing me. I finally got the perfect moment, drew the Prima, settled the pin, mentally checked my anchor and squeezed. He high kicked, pumped red and hit 90 mph in 20 seconds. I sat listening to him crash through brush and then heard the final fall......and the shaking commenced!

Kevin and Justin came to help me track. I’m great with tracking other people’s deer....when I shoot, I get way too nervous!

We walked up to him and what an awesome moment to share with them!

It’s been 13 years since Justin and I had a double.....what an exciting time it was to make it happen again!!!

So thankful for this opportunity to spend quality time with family and the best of friend’s.

Thank you Casey for the captures.

Comment

Congrats Mary.

Comment

That's awesome! Congrats Mary & J-Bone!

Comment

Good luck

Comment

This was a great live hunt. Congrats to all on the kills and thanks for sharing the storys.

Michael I would like to hear how you broke your hand as well.....

Comment

Great deer again as well write up Mary ! Well done Mayor!

Is that the first deer with the Avail?

Comment

Very cool. Congrats to you both.

Comment

It was an eventful morning for me. I crawled in the blind and set up the camera with still quite a bit of time before feeder would go off. This is the blind Kevin had been hunting. I felt it was time for a change up for both of us. He went off to 12 and I got settled in the dark trying to guess at shooting lanes.

Before light, I had does filtering in to hand corn. Then....I could see a wide, thick and big body. Couldn’t tell how wide, thick and big....but it got my heart pumping!

This buck was in love with any doe that he could get close to and with nose down and tail in the air.....he went to chasing. He was in and out of the brush quite a few times. I went silent with the group because I had put the phone down, clipped on release and was ready. I knew if I got a shot, it would be a small window of opportunity.

There was one doe there that was curious about the blind. The Ozonics confused her...but I feel like she knew someone was close. She kept me from shooting twice.

In between chasing girls, he would stop and grab some corn. When I had a shot, the doe was in a stare down or he would run to eat facing me. I finally got the perfect moment, drew the Prima, settled the pin, mentally checked my anchor and squeezed. He high kicked, pumped red and hit 90 mph in 20 seconds. I sat listening to him crash through brush and then heard the final fall......and the shaking commenced!

Kevin and Justin came to help me track. I’m great with tracking other people’s deer....when I shoot, I get way too nervous!

We walked up to him and what an awesome moment to share with them!

It’s been 13 years since Justin and I had a double.....what an exciting time it was to make it happen again!!!

So thankful for this opportunity to spend quality time with family and the best of friend’s.

Thank you Casey for the captures.

Great job on the LDP...

Congrats again on the bow kill. That’s a really nice buck.

Comment

Congrats to Mary and J-Bone. Outstanding week at the CDLC. Keep it going.

Comment

Supercool! Congrats to all!

Comment

Wow, what a day! Congrats to all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                                Great deer again as well write up Mary ! Well done Mayor!

Is that the first deer with the Avail?

First deer with the new 2021 Prima. Me and this bow are going to get along just fine! Great draw (although took me a minute to get used to it after shooting the Chill for so long), super quiet...and fast! I have really enjoyed shooting this bow. I think we have bonded well for future hunts

Comment

Working...
                                X