What would you do for blinds?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What would you do for blinds?

Alright, I have a place (thank you Lord) that my family can hunt. My wife doesnt like heights too much and she isnt a big fan of letting my 8 year old climb a treestand either sooooo- we want two blinds on platforms. Need to have plenty of room for us all to be in, to bowhunt, and to enjoy the outdoors together. First spend awhile looking at the Redneck Buck Palace but ohhh my goodness for just one would blow our budget out of the water.

Then went to researching softsided blinds like Muddy and Redneck. Seems like a decent lasting option especially if I take the covers off and just leave the frame and platform out year round. But then I also read about Krivroman and Maverick type blinds which I like the idea of a hardshell without the cost of the Redneck luxury but there again not sure how to even get those blinds near me anyway.... I am not a carpenter so wasting money on a blind build doesnt really interest me so just wondering what yall would do if you were me?

Pros- Cons

Krivoman are nice blinds two people its a little tight i have two of them i have a Lazyyman i would suggest not looking at them the windows and customer service S!!K

Comment

The Big Krivoman is plenty big for 2 adults so a child would be more than roomy. PM Mitch and see if he has a dealer up near you

Comment

We've got one krivoman and a few mavericks. The kris are for sure a better built blind but more expensive. I think they are well worth the extra cost.

Comment

Do you need it to be elevated? A big popup on the ground would be easy and affordable without having to build anything.

Comment

Sportsmans guide has them reasonable

Comment

Originally posted by Shane View Post
              Do you need it to be elevated? A big popup on the ground would be easy and affordable without having to build anything.
              yessir.... would like it 5' or so above the ground.

Comment

Originally posted by Shane View Post
                and liking the more permanent route along with warmth and durablility. Think panhandle winds . had a few well secured pop ups that have blown away or been dismantled by our winds here

Comment

Originally posted by bear View Post
                  and liking the more permanent route along with warmth and durablility. Think panhandle winds . had a few well secured pop ups that have blown away or been dismantled by our winds here
                  I've used popups at Shamrock. You just can't use the little stakes that come with the blind. Buy some real tent stakes that are at least 12" long and sturdy for the perimeter of the blind. Then get even bigger/longer stakes for the wall anchor ropes and/or tie those to trees or well-rooted bushes. Keep the windows shut when you're not there. Build up a ring of dirt around the outside edges of the blind to seal them in and keep wind from getting underneath. They'll hold.

That said, if you want something elevated and permanent, it's hard to get out cheap. I have a Krivoman, and I like it a lot. 2 adults make it pretty tight, especially for bow hunting. Adding a kid to the mix would be doable, but cramped. I have mine on a platform that about 3' tall I built out of 4x4s, 2x8s, and plywood. Both the plywood floor and the Krivoman shell are noisy when you move around and bump them. Not super kid friendly for bow range. I have a rubber mat on the floor, and that helps. I need to add some carpet to the floor, and glue some on the walls too in order to dampen the noise.

Comment

Should be lots of blinds on craigs list at a lot less money

Comment

Krivoman and Maverick 6 shooter are both roomy for two, but 3’s a crowd. The Maverick 6 shooter has a little more elbow room

I like this ^^^^ blind. I’ve had it 4 years now in West Texas and it’s still in good shape. It has more room than the other two I mentioned
                      Last edited by AntlerCollector; 12-29-2020, 12:23 PM.

Comment

If you really want a BIG blind that will our last anything on the market, but are difficult to move, a Tank End blind is the one to get. I have one that is homemade and it is 8' in diameter and 8' tall, plenty of room, but it is solid fiberglass and heavy! No need to anchor. Had a tornado blow thru our camp, flipped my RV and took a Krivo about 200 yards east but never moved the Tank End that was sitting between the Krivo and RV.
                        Might want to look at some of those big plastic water tanks and build your own with a door and windows.
                        Last edited by Mudslinger; 12-29-2020, 03:34 PM.

Comment

I'd look into a couple of Krivoman blinds or in your case pay someone to build you an 8x6 if you provide the materials.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	650AD83E-6848-423E-8FE2-317BE6941A71.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	197.2 KB
ID:	24639853

You can find quite a few pics on TBH showing the Krivoman Blinds on a lifted base. I believe mine is six feet off the ground. The base is steel frame and can be taken apart. The Krivoman is secured to a wooden base with screws. A buddy of mine made this base and several others that are on the lease. He has also perfected an aluminum base as well. Mitch also has some nice bases for his Krivoman Blinds. Give him a call.

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
                              Krivoman and Maverick 6 shooter are both roomy for two, but 3’s a crowd. The Maverick 6 shooter has a little more elbow room

I like this ^^^^ blind. I’ve had it 4 years now in West Texas and it’s still in good shape. It has more room than the other two I mentioned
                              Just a clarification, My blind is about 5 inches bigger than a maverick.. Carry On...

Comment

Working...
                              X