Public hunting land near Corpus Christi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Public hunting land near Corpus Christi

Is there any public hunting land near Corpus Christi? I know there is some north of Houston. I also know about draw hunts at Aransas Wildlife area, Coleto Creek and Choke Canyon. I'm looking for open public hunting areas. In season and guidelines of course.

There are some dove through the APH program but not any deer anywhere near Corpus that you can walk in with permit. At least not that I know of.

Comment

Seen quite a few on the national sea shore last time I was down there. Horn's weren't to big.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

What kind of hunting are you looking to do around Corpus?

Comment

You're closest public hunting for whitetail will be Sam Houston national Forest. But, everyone knows there's no deer in the Sam. [emoji39]

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

Comment

I've been told there is tidal land but good luck getting info about it on a public forum.

Comment

Originally posted by Mule Skinner View Post
              What kind of hunting are you looking to do around Corpus?
              Looking for deer hunting. Sam north of Houston is too far to drive. Did the day lease game a few years and that was not productive.

Comment

We used to hunt Laguna Salada South of Riviera in high school quite a bit then they started cutting that out. Last I heard you could still hunt it about 8 yrs ago with shotgun/buck shot only but get with the local game wardens on that.

Comment

I haven’t found information on any outside of the draw hunts. There is some small tracks of public land scattered around Kleberg co., but I think it’s for dove only.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Is Matagorda island still open for deer hunting?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I think matagorda island only offers a draw hunt.

Comment

NAS Kingsville had 2 properties they hunted, but not sure if you had to be military or not.

Comment

Working...
                        X