Worst meal a guest ever brought to eat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Worst meal a guest ever brought to eat

I have a friend that WAS getting invited to the lease, and when he came out to help me fill feeders, I would bring steaks and salad for dinner and stuff like hamburgers for lunch and eggs and bacon or breakfast tacos, and lots of snacks
    Well last time I invited him to come hunting, he insisted on bringing the food for the weekend, it was a precooked broasted chicken , a can of beans and some canned corn, next morning it was a box of powdered doughnuts for breakfast
    And lunch was a loaf of white bread a pack of bologna and a jar of yellow mustard ( no cheese or chips ) , I looked in his ice chest and dinner would have been
    Earl Campbell hot links and a pack of tortillas, yellow mustard
    I let him kill a decent MLD management buck , so we ate some fried back straps
    ( which he wasn’t very happy about me commendering for our dinner and breakfast the next day) , I never let him insist on bringing the food again.
    He had plenty of cash so I don’t think money was the issue ( just a cheap B )
    So has anyone had a cheap guy or some guy bring some horrible leftovers like frozen hamburger helper
    Or was I just expecting to much

P.S the wasn’t a camping trip, but a really nice lodge setting
    Last edited by S-3 Ranch; 07-07-2019, 06:26 PM.

Yes I have a friend that would eat peanutbutter and jelly 3 times a day if it were up to him.

Lots of folks do not cook - I get it - and how hard is a steak on the grill and microwaved baked potato???????

Comment

Don’t sweat the little stuff

Comment

Dang. That guy can feed me at deer camp

Comment

All the old guys on my lease bring old pan dulce and leftovers from home. Myself and the younger hunters take good cuts of meat drinks snacks and whatever else we might want. The good thing is one of the guys enjoys cooking so I usually just put the meat on the table and he seasons and cooks it all.

Comment

If I’m by myself/without the wife, I’ll eat sausage and tortillas with mustard for every meal. I don’t like doing a bunch of cooking, too much stuff to clean up.

Comment

As posted above, don't sweat the small stuff. Some folks are simple eaters and others use every opportunity to make a big deal out of a meal, and I am one of the latter, lol. Some of us were fortunate to be a part of trips that revolved around great meals. I once went to a place for a few years that had guys that just did the cooking, brought all the extras and made a big deal out of each meal, that was their time, they enjoyed providing for others and those guys never hunted from what I remember.

I was lucky to be a part of a few camps that had a member that was a Luby's general manager and he brought all the great pies and cakes. Another member owned cattle and he brought ribeyes every trip. Those were great times and it didn't matter if you tagged out or not, it was a good time.

Comment

We cook great, prime rib, bbq, big brunch, etc.....other guys bring total crap but we eat ours while they watch.....to us it's a big part of the trip, life's too short to not eat like vikings

Comment

Years ago a buddy shot a deer first one he ever shot early archery season we found it the next day temps in the 80’s his dad said it should be fine they then hung it to age in the sun for a day or two (it was full of maggots and stunk horrible). The next spring he brought deer chili for dinner after turkey hunting. The only deer killed by his family was the early season bow kill. It was a 30 mile drive for dinner that night.

Comment

I like Earl Campbell hot links and a pack of tortillas, and yellow mustard... But, “fat boy” ain’t hard to please...
                    Last edited by Tbuddyandroby; 07-07-2019, 06:44 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by panhandlehunter View Post
                      If I’m by myself/without the wife, I’ll eat sausage and tortillas with mustard for every meal. I don’t like doing a bunch of cooking, too much stuff to clean up.
                      When I am by myself and know that I don’t feel like cooking I just buy a box of fried chicken, and some sausage and stuff for breakfast nothing fancy
                      But he had been down before and knew how we ate and did this same thing when I invited him down to kill a nilgai also luckily I had a stocked up refrigerator and other people put something in the pot when they knew he was coming

Comment

I hunted Mule Deer in W. Texas for 18 years that hired a cook for the weekend. We all split the bill, and it was excellent...

Food is a large part of hunting to a lot of people.............

Comment

I like good food and big meals, but I also enjoy the simple things in life like little Debbie snacks, sausage links on tortillas, and hotdogs/hamburgers.

Comment

I would rather hunt than eat personally. Some dried sausage and crackers and a can of peaches and I’m set.

I don’t leave the house to eat good my wife is a jam up cook so if I leave to the hunting grounds I’m hunting something

Comment

Originally posted by Sleepy View Post
                              I like good food and big meals, but I also enjoy the simple things in life like little Debbie snacks, sausage links on tortillas, and hotdogs/hamburgers.
                              This. I’ve had it both ways and it’s fine by me either way. I eat sandwiches for lunch for the most part at the lease, or summer sausage. If I’m by myself, I’ll skimp by on less, but if most everyone is coming, I’ll be more prepared for some big meals.

Comment

Working...
                              X