Carter’s Country-New Policy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Carter’s Country-New Policy

So my son went to the Carter’s Country store in Spring Saturday to buy a new deer rifle. I gave him my credit card to make the purchase with (which he has done twice before in the past for other gun purchases there), but this time they told him he couldn’t use my card since his name wasn’t on the card. Said I had to be the one there in person to use it. I called the store gave them verbal permission even went as far to say I’d text them over a copy of my DL, CHL and retired military ID. But they still said no. Said it was a new store policy since the Ulvade shootings. I’ve bought guns from them off and on for nearly 30 years but honestly don’t know if I’ll buy from them anymore. Just very very aggravating!

Personally, I dont want anyone but me using my credit card. I don't see a issue with that policy.

Comment

Sounds like they just want to keep their name in the clear. This is in the grey area of a straw purchase. It's the world we live in.

Comment

No one should be able to use a credit card to buy anything that’s not their cc. Especially guns! That’s not a new policy for anyone. They are supposed to check the name on every cc purchase.

Comment

That policy sits okay with me. Especially when it comes to buying a firearm.

Comment

Sounds normal. If you remember, even grocery stores use to ID you to make sure it was your card, back in the day. We'll at least me becuase I'm shady looking I guess.

Comment

I’d say it’s a good move by them.

Comment

Good policy IMO

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Comment

I agree with all comments...On my credit card back where it says signature I write CHECK I D PLEASE they seldom do

Comment

Well I guess I’m in the minority here because it’s my son and I don’t see anything wrong with him using my credit or debit card if I’m ok with it.

Comment

With the technology in place now, more times than not a person doesnt even have to hand over a card. Just stick the chip into the machine and away you go. So the act of checking the card holders ID is a thing of the past. Im a little surprised they would even need to handle the card, but if that is the policy they choose to have, then I support that.
                      Last edited by bowhuntntxn; 08-07-2022, 05:16 AM.

Comment

Stupid.

Just order him a card with his name on it

Three people have cards on my Amex that aren’t me.

I hope they all go buy me a gun today

Comment

We were in a few weeks back purchasing a Glock for my wife. They asked if it was for me or her. All the usual questions. While she was filling out paperwork, I went to hand her cash to pay for it. The guy said I couldn’t do that if we wanted the gun. He said I could not give her money for purchasing a firearm. I explained she was my wife and I would give her whatever I wanted to and if they had a problem we would go somewhere else. I put the money in her pocket and asked if we should leave or finish with the paperwork. We ended up with the pistol.

Comment

I would also appreciate that policy, especially in todays world.

Comment

Originally posted by axisguy View Post
                              We were in a few weeks back purchasing a Glock for my wife. They asked if it was for me or her. All the usual questions. While she was filling out paperwork, I went to hand her cash to pay for it. The guy said I couldn’t do that if we wanted the gun. He said I could not give her money for purchasing a firearm. I explained she was my wife and I would give her whatever I wanted to and if they had a problem we would go somewhere else. I put the money in her pocket and asked if we should leave or finish with the paperwork. We ended up with the pistol.
                              They're looking at is as a straw purchase more than likely. The form has a question that says...are you the actual purchaser of this firearm.

Sure it happens daily and I see both sides. But, you have to realize they have a business to run within the rules of the ATF.

I haven't been in a carter's in over 20 years and I'm good with that. Way better places to shop

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X