The Next Chapter in Life

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Next Chapter in Life

Time has come. Will call it in November after 41 total years. 10 in the oil patch. 31 in the chemical plant world. Plus the jobs mom kept me busy at from the age of 14. Growing up in Point Comfort, mowing yards, the lumber yard/ice plant and that garbage truck.
    Never not had a job to show up to.
    Have to leave this year. Fed tax increases will cause a huge loss in pension payout.
    So why am I not feeling it? Uncharted Waters no doubt. Next Chapter Blues I guess.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Congrats on a long career. November sounds like a great time to retire. Be a professional
    hunter for two months. Then move on to the next chapter.

Comment

Great. Take some me time...

Comment

Travel. Thanks for taking care of those who don’t work.

Comment

I'm sure that you have a couple of years of catch-up stuff to do at home. After all those years that I put in, I have finally learned how to find joy in the work that I do around the place. It doesn't matter how hard or back breaking it is, the work is done on my schedule and at my pace. That is a pretty good feeling. I hope for the same for you.

Comment

I retired last year after 36 years with the airport. I’m enjoying the free time and I lower stress level. I spend more time with my family, including my first grandchild. Enjoy your new life and have some fun…you earned it!

Comment

Congratulations on you retirement. I think what your feeling is normal for most folks retiring. No t all but most since you are going into uncharted waters so to speak. Keep Yourself busy you will find how did I ever have time to work.

Comment

Congrats on the pending retirement. You have earned it. Im sure that day when there is no reason to set the alarm clock will be a little strange at first but it will become normal and appreciated over time.
                When I’m done I’m taking a small back country camper on the road for weeks or months at a time lord willing.

Comment

I retired a year ago and it's been great so far.
                  I golf with friends Monday thru Thursday, then I take the weekend off.
                  It's a great feeling not knowing what day of the week it is anymore.
                  I put reminders on my Iphone calendar, 2 days ahead of time, so I can remember upcoming appointments etc. Other than that, it feels great to do what I want, when I want. I hope you find the same enjoyment and stress-free existence, that I have, outside of the work environment.

Comment

Congrats on crossing the finish line.

Comment

Working...
                    X