X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You hands at trapping summer coyotes

I have sign on a couple roads.
    What is the strategy.
    I don't like the idea of starving pups, but I like the idea of stressed deer being harassed by 'yotes even less.
    Do you use a different bait?
    Different kind of set?
    Tell me what's what.
    Thanks

Steeltraps thread “2022 Alabama coyotes warfare” in the trapping only forum on Trapperman has a ton of info on summer trapping. Basically flat sets with urine and gland lure only. To many ants for bait this time of year. I plan on putting out a few compass and triangle sets and also mafia sets with dog and coyote scat right dead center of the two tracks with the drags under the traps if a yote bouncing on a chain in the middle of the road could be an issue. You want them to trip over the set. Our yotes love running the middle of the two tracks.
    Last edited by sharkhunter; 08-01-2022, 07:19 PM.

Comment

Pups are big enough to fend for themselves. Besides that, you won’t catch the pair more than likely. Good luck !

Comment

Having luck with RK predator plus and road runner. O Gorman lure and urine. Two this week.

Comment

Originally posted by Drycreek3189 View Post
          Pups are big enough to fend for themselves.
          That has proven to be true.
          I shot these a couple days ago:
          Click image for larger version

Name:	20220821_195442.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	263.0 KB
ID:	24691415

Click image for larger version

Name:	20220821_193615.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	296.6 KB
ID:	24691416

Comment

Sorry, no help on the trapping, but yes young pups are running on their own now. I tried...I mean I almost accidentally ran over one on my way to work a couple weeks ago.

Comment

What Sharkhunter said! Lots of pups getting weaned right now, so we have some new unsuspecting targets. The only danger of trapping this time of the year is trap wise coyotes, teaching the pups to avoid your sets. Wait another month and the pups will be fully weaned and that won’t be a issue. Good luck!

Comment

I started reading that Trapperman thread last night. Thanks, Sharkhunter.
                Thanks, Trapper76 on the insight about adults teaching the pups to be trap shy.

Comment

Working...
                X