Need advice from gunsmith/armorer…

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need advice from gunsmith/armorer…

I have a polish P64. I know they are notorious for having an extremely heavy DA trigger pull. This one is not that bad so I believe someone has already replaced the hammer spring. My question is about the trigger weight is SA. This gun has a hair trigger in single action. It’s scary. What controls the single action trigger weight? I would like to keep the DA weight the same but increase the single action trigger weight. Some type of rebound spring?

Try watching this video.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ETp9AfhAFl0"]P64 PPK Polish clone. Installing Wolff 18# hammer spring - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

Originally posted by M16 View Post

Definitely a good video. I’ve watched several of these but they don’t address my problem. I think the previous owner did exactly what was in the video. That’s why the DA trigger weight is not so bad. However, my concern is the SINGLE ACTION TRIGGER WEIGHT. If I fart when the hammer is back, this gun sends a round down range. That’s cool on a bench gun but not on a handgun. I need to find a way to increase the trigger pull on single action while NOT increasing the trigger pull on double action. 😁

Comment

Originally posted by Chillstone View Post
        Definitely a good video. I’ve watched several of these but they don’t address my problem. I think the previous owner did exactly what was in the video. That’s why the DA trigger weight is not so bad. However, my concern is the SINGLE ACTION TRIGGER WEIGHT. If I fart when the hammer is back, this gun sends a round down range. That’s cool on a bench gun but not on a handgun. I need to find a way to increase the trigger pull on single action while NOT increasing the trigger pull on double action. 😁
        Somebody has worked the trigger over. Double action revolvers use the same springs when fired as double action or single action. Someone has worked over the hammer and trigger sear, so there is not much contact area, not much overlap between the two parts, probably polished up very slick. You will probably have to find a diagram of the gun, then figure out which two parts you need. One for sure will be the hammer. What holds the hammer back when cocked, I am not 100% sure, I would typically want to say a trigger sear, but there are multiple different double action trigger designs. If you can figure out what basically works as a sear to hold the hammer and then release it, when fired as a single action. Then order those two parts, possibly have a gunsmith do a little work on them. Sounds like someone did a little too much work on those two parts.

Sounds like you have a trigger job on that gun, I would like, a lot. But sounds like you are not used to triggers like that, so it would not be very safe.

Comment

Working...
        X