Best pet friendly spider spray?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best pet friendly spider spray?

Woke up earlier and felt something crawl up my neck. Must've crawled in my beard because I didn't feel it anymore. Layed back down and it ran up my face so I smashed it. Turned on the light and it was a brown recluse. I ain't having no more of that stupid crap. I gotta get me some spray. But I have two dogs that stay inside so I don't want to gas them out or have them sniffing around and getting exterminated too. What do y'all use to keep the critters you don't like out of your house?

Piece of junk. I keep feeling like I got stuff crawling on me and I still have time to sleep. Son of a.......this is gonna **** me right off. I ain't scared of spiders but I don't want those little butt monkeys snuggling with me. Why? There's a whole world out there. They can be in it. But they're in my house. That's stupid.
    Last edited by okrattler; 07-26-2022, 04:41 AM.

How do essential oils repel spiders? Many essential oils contain organic compounds that have insecticidal properties that spiders do not like.

Comment

They say where there is one there are many. Sleep tight.

Comment

Originally posted by Hoggslayer View Post
        They say where there is one there are many. Sleep tight.
        I wouldn't mind it so much if they bit me without waking me up. I don't like stuff tap dancing on me when I'm in the middle of not being awake which is in my top 3 favorite things to be.

Can't even have quality me time without something screwing it up.

Comment

Web Out is made from essential oils & vinegar. Kills spiders & helps prevent webs from attaching to surface for easier cleaning. Learn more here & contact a rep today!

Comment

I'll try some essential oils. My mom always gets those things. Supposedly they work for all kinds of stuff, I don't know. She got em from a witch doctor or sorcerer or some such thing. I'll see if she's got any to spare. If it'll help I'll try it. Maybe she has some that'll help me sleep more soundly. Then all those 8 legged freak shows can party all night and I won't care.

Comment

We got one of them natural killers that's safe for us and pets and it's as oily as good silicon oil. Hate it. Wife checked another brand and it's also oily... Die or slip and get it everywhere. Your choice...

Comment

Demon WP
                We have lots of spiders and scorpions
                But not in the house or porch

I’m not a chemist or vet, but I use it indoors as recommended

Comment

Permethrin for inside, demon for exterior

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

OP, liking this thread and thank your Orchard for this link.

Two weeks ago got out of bed and had a bug bite. As the day progressed the bump got bigger and red. Itched like crazy and from what I read it was most likely a spider.

No big deal until Wednesday, as the bite mark went from red to deep red. Went to the doc to make sure it wasn't a Brown riclouse. Thankfully it was not and she gave me something for the itch.

Now at night the slightest thing will wake me up thinking something is crawling on me.

Going to see if the wife has some Lavendor oil and toss some soaked cotton balls under the bed.

Comment

Thanks for the suggestions guys. I'll probably try the essential oils first then if that don't stop them I'll get me some poison. Plan on it at least for the outside of the house anyways. That's got to be where they're coming from in the first place.

Comment

I read a statistic once that the average person inadvertently eats 3-4 spiders per year in their sleep.

I've sprayed the baseboard stuff around the house in the past when we had scorpion issues and never seemed to bother the dogs.

Comment

Wife uses peppermint oil (diluted into a spray). Haven't seen any at all in the house in years.

Comment

If you had an alternate place to stay for a day or two, then I'd set off several foggers in there, let it stay closed all day then come home and air it out. You'll find dead bugs and spiders everywhere.

Comment

Originally posted by justletmein View Post
                              I read a statistic once that the average person inadvertently eats 3-4 spiders per year in their sleep.

I've sprayed the baseboard stuff around the house in the past when we had scorpion issues and never seemed to bother the dogs.
                              I think I'm way below average. I can't sleep at night the way it is. I wake up if one of the dogs looks around. Ain't no creepy crawly gettin in my nose or ear or mouth.

Comment

Working...
                              X