Day Laborers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Day Laborers

Anybody out there have experience hiring day laborers?

There's a corner in Denton where day laborers hang out, and I'm considering hiring a few to help weed about 1000 square feet of flower beds and sling some mulch...

If that’s what you need, then hire them. They ain’t cheap (and if they do work they shouldn’t be). Pay em a fair days wages and typically lunch if you need em a full day

Comment

Pulling weeds?

Just tell them you got some weed they can have for free. And you'll have a truck load of em.

Comment

Don’t tell me you can’t find American citizens to pull weeds? Lol

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
          Pulling weeds?

Just tell them you got some weed they can have for free. And you'll have a truck load of em.
          That’s funny lol! Sorry, I’m no help OP

Comment

They’re going to want 180-200 a day
            The older guys seem to work harder in most cases

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Sparkles View Post
              They’re going to want 180-200 a day
              The older guys seem to work harder in most cases

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              This is pretty accurate.

Comment

180-200 for a full days work isn’t bad if they work hard. I have had terrible luck finding folks to work in our area. When I was in high school I made a pile of money picking up odd jobs. Nearly non existent these days

Comment

180-200 apiece? And lunch too? Just to pull weeds? That ain’t hard labor. Offer them 75 maybe 80, and if they say no then look elsewhere. You’ll be using your gas too to haul them around……

Comment

Just wait until the PACE guys find this thread and blame you for the the whole country's immigration issues for hiring these guys.

Comment

Originally posted by Lynn21 View Post
                      180-200 apiece? And lunch too? Just to pull weeds? That ain’t hard labor. Offer them 75 maybe 80, and if they say no then look elsewhere. You’ll be using your gas too to haul them around……
                      I agree that isnt hsrd labor but they won't work for that, guaranteed.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Comment

Are you going to hold out income tax and give them insurance if they get hurt?

Comment

Take that Government tit away and they’ll work for it.

Comment

I hired some seniors at Quanah hs couple weeks ago to help me move feeders, load deer stands, build feeder pens, etc. I paid em $10 an hour for 8 hours. Gave em a $20 tip cause they worked real good. 10 times harder than pulling weeds. Just sayin…..

Comment

They’re a joke on the corner in Denton now. Most want $200 for a half day now. Ridiculous

Comment

Working...
                              X