Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Heat wave thermostat wars

Her text at 4:30 -
    We have a problem with the AC. Thermostat is set on 74 and Nest says it’s 80degrees in the house.

Me texting back -
    It’s 111 outside. Most AC units no matter how efficient can’t bring inside temps down more than 20-25 degrees. Close the blinds and turn on the ceiling fans.

Her -
    We paid a lot of money for that new unit just a couple years ago! It’s crazy we can’t make it comfortable! Will it help if I turn it down to 70?

Same
    Tell her to turn it to 65 so it gets cooler faster

Comment

Could be low on freon. My unit was doing the same thing, tech added 3lbs of freon and it holds steady at 75 now

Comment

Got a new unit last year, I’ve had it set at 67 last two days and it has held 67. Feels great!

Comment

Sounds like my house when we have a party of any kind, 20 people in the house and wife always wants to cook something in the oven so the a/c can't keep up. I swear I'll have 5 different people ask about turning the thermostat down, it's set on 74 but says it's 78 in here, can we turn it down?

Comment

lol...gotta luv it.

I remember when my sister & I first started driving...she was pulling back & forth on her shoulder strap saying 'I don't understand how these things work in a crash'. I had to slam the brakes to demonstrate as the explanation wasn't sufficient.

Another earlier one was her waiting on me for freshman football practice & I jump in the Blazer with the AC going full blast without the engine running...she didn't want to waste gas.

She graduated in the top 5 of her class.

Comment

It’s not like an accelerator or brake pedal? Just hammer down!

Comment

My wife leaves me be as long as the humidity is below 35%. With this heat keeping the humidity here in the low teens the swamp cooler is keeping us at 72 degrees with all of my doors and windows open.

Comment

I had this same conversation with my dad recently. He said my mom does this all the time.

It’s a woman thing apparently.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by tfrye View Post
                    Got a new unit last year, I’ve had it set at 67 last two days and it has held 67. Feels great!
                    Mine stays right here. Until yalls president says different

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by justletmein View Post
                      Sounds like my house when we have a party of any kind, 20 people in the house and wife always wants to cook something in the oven so the a/c can't keep up. I swear I'll have 5 different people ask about turning the thermostat down, it's set on 74 but says it's 78 in here, can we turn it down?
                      You have to turn it lower and set on high

Comment

Crank it as low as it'll go and see who can get the high score on their electric bill...

Comment

We replace the upstairs unit last year. A few weeks ago it wouldn’t get the temp down. Turns out the filter hadn’t been changed. Replaced it and everything was fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Funny

Comment

It's hard to explain how the air coming out of the a/c unit is the same temp, regardless of what you set the thermostat temp to. The thermostat only controls how long the a/c comes on to blow that same cool air out into your house.

Comment

Working...
                              X