Pine prairie fire

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pine prairie fire

I was just told of a big fire north of Huntsville in the Pine prairie are. Last I heard was 1000 acres. Hope none of yall are hunting that area.

I noticed that they seem to be having fires everyday in that area. Do the volunteer responders get paid when they are on a wildfire? Fighting in that weather every dang day has to be miserable.

Comment

Best I can tell it’s not too terribly far SW of my lease. That’s all I need right need now. ��

Comment

That thing has blown up! I looked at it this AM and it showed 30 acres and now it’s showing 1000 acres and 10% contained

Comment

Originally posted by Etxbuckman View Post
          Best I can tell it’s not too terribly far SW of my lease. That’s all I need right need now. ��
          It could be a lot worse. You could be losing your actual home, livestock, pets, etc….like so many have across the state.

Comment

My mom just sent a video and it’s really bad. People are having to move quickly.

Comment

Originally posted by Sackett View Post
              It could be a lot worse. You could be losing your actual home, livestock, pets, etc….like so many have across the state.
              That is very true.

Comment

They just sent an alert that they expect it to jump the river and spread into Houston and Trinity county in the area of deep river plantation

Comment

Pine prairie fire

1250 acres and 20% contained. The last repost was an hour ago at 900 acres at 10%. Pretty scary stuff!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by ladrones View Post
                    I noticed that they seem to be having fires everyday in that area. Do the volunteer responders get paid when they are on a wildfire? Fighting in that weather every dang day has to be miserable.
                    Nope. Not a dime. And it has definitely been miserable. We’ve finally caught a break, but it’s never far between fires in weather like this.

Comment

Stay safe boys. Thanks for the Volunteers. We appreciate you.

Comment

Originally posted by J-5 View Post
                        Nope. Not a dime. And it has definitely been miserable. We’ve finally caught a break, but it’s never far between fires in weather like this.
                        I hope y’all are getting fed and plenty of fluids. Be safe out there.

Comment

Originally posted by ladrones View Post
                          I hope y’all are getting fed and plenty of fluids. Be safe out there.
                          Not to cause confusion, I’m not and haven’t been at the one in the title. I’m in Colorado county. Most don’t take too long to get under control, but we’ve had some problems in the past.

Comment

Surely they can stop it at the river?

Comment

Saw it had doubled again to over 2000 acres. Not looking good.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X