Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

Party Barge issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Party Barge issue

I have a 22 foot sun tracker party barge with a 150 mercury. With 2 people it always ran 38-40mph. about 1.5 months ago out the blue 31mph was all i could get out of it. The first mechanic did a complete tune up, nothing wrong with prop at all and he went run it. Still running 31 mph wide open at 5500 rpm which he said was the correct rpm. I bring to a second mechanic and he ran it and repeated the exact same thing as the first in that it runs fine and rpm's are where they should be. At a loss as to why i lost 9 mph over night.

Mph per a speedometer or gps??

Comment

Originally posted by Walker View Post
      Mph per a speedometer or gps??
      gps on depth finder and my son did it also from an app on his phone. I can tell a huge difference when pulling the kids on a tube. When I turn sharp it bogs down and take a little bit to recover. It didnt do that before.

Comment

Is your speedometer mechanical or GPS?

Comment

Trim position of motor??

Comment

water in bilge?

Comment

Originally posted by Walker View Post
              Trim position of motor??
              Trimming the motor on the barge has never made much of a difference. at most makes 1mph difference.

Comment

Originally posted by cj7zrcool View Post
                Is your speedometer mechanical or GPS?
                I go by the gps on the depth finder.

Comment

Added weight or top up? Water in the pontoons?

Wind/Water conditions different?
                  example: Our "Trancat" full tunnel, bay boat runs faster on "rippled" water than smooth.

just throwing these out there

Comment

prop bushing slipping slightly on the shaft.....have it rebuilt

or water trapped in hull...bilge

Comment

Originally posted by The BARn View Post
                      Added weight or top up? Water in the pontoons?

Wind/Water conditions different?
                      example: Our "Trancat" full tunnel, bay boat runs faster on "rippled" water than smooth.

just throwing these out there
                      Top is up but was also up when it ran 40mph. Both mechanics checked for water in pontoons and said there was none.

Comment

Check your pontoons for water. I spent a few years doing structural warranty repair. And there are certain places those logs develope cracks and leaks. And when they take on water, they will slow you down. Most folk don't notice till the deck is sitting really low in the water. There are baffling inside each log as well. If you shake the boat when it's on the trailer, you can sometimes hear the water inside, pending how much and where you are shaking it from.

The fish are biting and there's hogs to be kill-t. Gotta go!

Comment

Originally posted by MacDaddy67 View Post

very good possibility

Comment

Originally posted by MacDaddy67 View Post

That was actually done about 3 months ago after my son sucked a ski rope into the prop.

Edited to say the sleeve was replaced.

Comment

Originally posted by RaginCagin View Post
                              That was actually done about 3 months ago after my son sucked a ski rope into the prop
                              and when did the issue start again?

Comment

Working...
                              X