Leo advice needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Leo advice needed

Me and a few new boots had some questions regarding soft body armor.

What brands are good?
    Which should we stay away from?
    Things you like about your particular setup?
    Things you wish you could change?
    Where to purchase?
    Outer carry or inner carry?
    Zipper or Velcro?

We are brand new to this and have no idea what we’re doing. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by silentstalker92; 06-10-2022, 04:11 PM.

Are you referring to soft or hard plates?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Soft

Comment

Outer carrier all day since when it’s hot you can unzip or open the Velcro to let in some AC.

Zipper or velcro both have pros and cons. Zippers break, velcro stretches where the elastic meets it.

Chest pockets for the outer carriers that are meant to look like your class A are always too small to fit ANYTHING.

Soft armor I’ve really liked this company:

Comment

Just stick with the name brand stuff point blank, second chance should be fine. I didn't get a chance to have an out carrier when I wore one every day. I would have killed for one on those 110 degree days.

Comment

My suggestion is get any soft armor and add a GOOD ballistic plate. They’re light weight and will give a little more protection when it counts. Something is better than nothing IMO.

Comment

Dang fellas! Just the fact that you are having to have this conversation makes me want to thank you guys for what you do. Stay safe out there. I know this whole "defund the police" BS seems like it's everywhere but most of us support you and pray you go home safe every day.

Comment

Are there any places that I can go in and get fitted for one?

Comment

I have used several The last was outer carrier with some molle.

I used Safe light defense. I was happy with it and they stood behind their product. Silver Tan.

Get at least a 3 or 3A

Comment

I also suggest a Level 3 or 3A soft armor vest. I wore a Level 2A vest for nearly 20
                    years, but current department issued me a newer 3A vest recently and in today’s insane times, I recommend it regardless that’s it’s bigger and more uncomfortable. If your department allows it, get yourself an outer vest carrier like an Elbeco. https://shop.elbeco.com/products/cop...l-vest-carrier.
                    I’ve worn inner vest and outer vests. Outer is the way to go every time, especially in this Texas heat.

Secondly important is boots. Depending on climate, i’d either get a set of under armour duty boots for hot weather or a set of insulated duty boots like Matterhorn or Danner full leather boots.
                    Last edited by BillyJack1975; 06-10-2022, 05:54 PM.

Comment

My current armor is the most comfortable I’ve had in the last nearly 20 years and is made by a company called Angel Armor. It is soft armor with rifle plates front and back that all is under a uniform shirt. It was issued to me when I was on a motorcycle and once it was broken in, I wouldn’t trade it for any of the soft armor I wore in past years. The motor guys now wear external carriers so they can cool off but I never made the switch.

Comment

Stay away from the wish.com body armor!!

And thank y’all for what you do!!!

Comment

Bulletproofme.com Texas company with great customer service.

We source all of our soft and hard armor from them.

Comment

GT Distributors is where my dept. orders ours from. They will take care of your needs. I don't remember what I have, been wearing soft armor for 20yrs, I just put it on these days and go. Pretty sure I've worn all of the brands over the years.

Comment

Silly question...do you have to be le to purchase certain levels of BA??

Comment

Working...
                              X