What kind of grass and how can I kill it

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What kind of grass and how can I kill it

Is this broadleaf grass…and no matter what it is, how can I kill it? Weed killer is not working.

Not sure, but I use one of these (not exactly this), they are very effective in pulling them. Have to get the heart out and any residuals though.

Comment

It's not broadleaf. Roundup should take it out.

Comment

I sprayed bleach water on cactus last year and it killed them, maybe try that

Comment

Goats

God Bless
          Bish

Comment

Hard to tell but looks like it might be dallis grass. It is tough to kill. I usually just spot spray with roundup.

Comment

Originally posted by Greenheadless View Post
              Not sure, but I use one of these (not exactly this), they are very effective in pulling them. Have to get the heart out and any residuals though.

https://www.amazon.com/Worth-Garden-.../dp/B0197TS3IK
              I may have to take out the whole bottom section of front yard with that

Originally posted by Walker View Post
              It's not broadleaf. Roundup should take it out.
              So far, Round up is not working. I think this stuff is using it as growth hormone!

Originally posted by flywise View Post
              I sprayed bleach water on cactus last year and it killed them, maybe try that
              Interesting, worth a shot!

Originally posted by Bish View Post
              Goats

God Bless
              Bish
              LOL....this is the front yard in a subdivision. I guess I could tie the goat to a tree and give the neighbors something to talk about

Comment

Originally posted by lab man View Post
                Hard to tell but looks like it might be dallis grass. It is tough to kill. I usually just spot spray with roundup.
                I just googled it...that may be what it is. Tough to kill for sure!!!

Comment

Try a weed-killer product with a different active ingredient than glyphosate. Something like imazapyr or imazapic should take it out.

Comment

2-4d

Comment

Gasoline

Comment

What Roundup are you using? The premix stuff is crap IMO. Get some regular Roundup concentrate (glyphosate) and mix 2oz per gallon of water.

Give it a week to work. In my experience the longer it takes to look dead the better the chance you got roots and all

Comment

Wow, the drought has turned my pasture into DUST; the cows would darn near RIOT to come over and EAT your weeds.

Comment

Roundup will kill it, it’s not a broadleaf 24-d won’t touch it

Comment

Pretty sure that’s Dallas Grass. 41% Gly mixed at 5% will kill the shot out of it!

Comment

Working...
                              X