Coleman Cty wildfire

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Coleman Cty wildfire

Looks like there is a pretty good fire burning in western Coleman Cty, SW of glen cove. NWS issued notice for immediate evacuation for the town of coleman. We are in NE coleman Cty at the ranch and keeping a wary eye on things and are ready to bolt if we need to.

I think if we can make it to dark, the winds will steer from the North with the frontal passage.

Prayers for everyone in line.

Comment

Yep, lots of fires today. One west of Abilene. One down around May. No telling how many others. Bad day for that.

Comment

Heard a bad one near carbon is eastland county

Comment

The fires are running wild. My ex wife and her husband have lost everything it appears. They are part of the Glen Cove fire. Please say a prayer for all that are involved with all these wildfires.

Comment

It’s an absolute tinderbox out that way - hoping your place is upwind! Prayers for those who aren’t

Comment

Dang.. Prayers for all involved.. I hope folks are cutting the high fences so the trapped animals dont burn to death..
              The entire hill country is in the "Extreme Fire Hazard" category right now too.
              Last edited by PondPopper; 03-17-2022, 06:11 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jerp View Post
                It’s an absolute tinderbox out that way - hoping your place is upwind! Prayers for those who aren’t
                That’s no lie. Wet spring and summer has provided a lot of grass and underbrush topped with back to back years of ice storms so there are alot of downed trees and branches.

I think we are in the clear unless something N of us pops up, but hopefully people are thinking and not doing any sort of “hot work”

Comment

What's the latest on this fire has anyone heard?

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

TX Forest Service provides brief updates via Twitter.

Comment

Was there, at both fires. Nephew lives in Glen Cove. Land management is crucial. Some properties are very grown up with dry grass and for this reason we over graze ours very low during years such as this. We also keep everything possible shredded low. Not saying that it stops all fires but we can help mitigate the damage.

Comment

TFS website that shows active fires, how many acres burnt, and percent contained.

Comment

Originally posted by kolsonashley View Post
                          https://public.tfswildfires.com/

TFS website that shows active fires, how many acres burnt, and percent contained.
                          Shows Kidd Fire at 33K acres and 1% contained. Bad deal for so many.

Comment

Originally posted by newmathewsfan View Post
                            The fires are running wild. My ex wife and her husband have lost everything it appears. They are part of the Glen Cove fire. Please say a prayer for all that are involved with all these wildfires.

That is horrible. Will pray for all involved.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Any one have an update/ new information?

Comment

Working...
                              X