Dodge NV4500 Clutch Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dodge NV4500 Clutch Question

How far off the floor should the clutch pedal be when it engages the clutch on a Dodge NV4500 5 speed? Looking at a truck I like and it starts to engage about 1/3 of the way up from the floor. I’m wondering if this is good or bad. Thanks.
    (Truck is a 1998 Dodge 3500 4x4 w/144K miles)

Originally posted by LFD2037 View Post
    How far off the floor should the clutch pedal be when it engages the clutch on a Dodge NV4500 5 speed? Looking at a truck I like and it starts to engage about 1/3 of the way up from the floor. I’m wondering if this is good or bad. Thanks.

All the Dodges I owned with a 5 speed or 6 speed seemed to start grabbing about 2-3" off the floor or so.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Maybe a weak clutch master cylinder. What changes if you pump the pedal 8-10 times before engaging?

Comment

Not a dodge but my wife's acura does that. Gotta go deep to the floor to shift up or down.

Comment

I wouldn’t worry to much about the wear on the clutch, they’re not terribly expensive to replace 1000-1500$. But from all my experience with cummins transmissions, The factory clutch tends to last about 150k. If it’s original don’t expect too much more life out of it but don’t let that turn you away. Sounds like a great truck!

Comment

Originally posted by LFD2037 View Post
            Where's the truck at, Ill go take a look for you

Comment

Originally posted by drwilliams View Post
              All the Dodges I owned with a 5 speed or 6 speed seemed to start grabbing about 2-3" off the floor or so.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
              That’s good to hear. If I can get another 10-15K out of it I’d be satisfied.

Comment

Working...
              X