Keeping track of kids deer kills

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Keeping track of kids deer kills

I was wondering if anyone had any ideas or things they do to keep track of the number of deer their little ones have killed. I'd like to do something neat to keep track so when he is older he knows how many they have taken.

Put the shells in a mason jar at the house?

Comment

Use an Excel spreadsheet on your computer. That way you can add notes to each. Even add pics. And add totals. I had made one for myself about 10 years or so ago, cause I can't remember what year my computer crashed. And I lost that info. I never did start a new one. Now, I have trouble remembering it all. But still need to attempt such.

The fish are biting, and there's hogs to be kill-t. Gotta go!

Comment

Pictures? And keep the spent brass and/or retire the arrow/broadhead.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Just have them all mounted?

Comment

I’m 44 and I have no idea how many deer I’ve killed. Thanks dad lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Haha, i dont know either and thought it would be cool to know. I thought about getting a piece of rustic wood, putting their name and a pic of their first deer on it, then wood burn marks for every deer killed.

Originally posted by Jason Fry View Post

Comment

I’m in for good suggestions as well. Wish I’d take the plunge and get into recording our hunts

Comment

Originally posted by Jason Fry View Post

Lmao

Comment

From what I remember the GW in Arkansas put most of mine in a ledger at the courthouse

Comment

My son keeps a log. It has the date, species, location killed and weapon used. He's 14 now and has quite a list.

Comment

We keep a record book/log at the ranch. My kids have only killed deer off our place so we have a good record. But i also keep the tags and the shell casings.

Comment

A lease I have visited has a cord with all the tags hanging from it in the camp house

Comment

I keep the casing and write the date and what they killed on it.

Comment

By keeping casings or assuming they kill bucks keep the antlers.

Comment

Working...
                              X