live critter hunt in progress

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

live critter hunt in progress

Something is destroying my trash nightly dragging it out of bin all into my yard. Guessing coon or possum. Motion sensor deployed on roof of can. 22lr loaded and ready.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I’m gonna bet raccoon. Let’s see what happens!

Comment

One time my dad whomped a freeloading possum in the head with a maglight, the bugger was stealing Mrs. Kitty's food. Otis at his work wanted to grill one up so my dad singed it's hair off then stuffed it in the fridge with plans to gut, dehead and defoot it the next day. The next morning rolls around and my mom opened the fridge and to her surprise a possum in his birthday suit was smacking on some bacon alive and well.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

nothing yet.

Comment

they always come in at 3am when your asleep, kind of like the illegal democratic aliens

Comment

Originally posted by txhunt7 View Post
            they always come in at 3am when your asleep, kind of like the illegal democratic aliens
            True and funny

Comment

no show last night. will resume my hunt tonight

Comment

Originally posted by waterspiderpd27 View Post
                One time my dad whomped a freeloading possum in the head with a maglight, the bugger was stealing Mrs. Kitty's food. Otis at his work wanted to grill one up so my dad singed it's hair off then stuffed it in the fridge with plans to gut, dehead and defoot it the next day. The next morning rolls around and my mom opened the fridge and to her surprise a possum in his birthday suit was smacking on some bacon alive and well.

That’s funny right there! I bet your mom didn’t think so!

Comment

I would be in a world of trouble, if I did that. I would have been laughing very hard for a long time.

Comment

Originally posted by duckmanep View Post
                    no show last night. will resume my hunt tonight

It will show.....

This thread reminded me of what I did to a garbage can wrecking racoon the year I got married. It was 1990 and I had just married my beautiful bride and we where living on a 10 acre place along the north Bosque river on the Bosque/McLennan County line.

After picking up scattered trash that had been dug out of a closed lid trash can, I decided to end the issue. I set a live trap and baited with a soaked bacon grease napkin. Next morning, bingo, coon in the trap. Wife walked down and after a few comments regarding "how cute it is" I was convinced by her to not ear hole it, but to haul it up the road a few miles and turn it out......... an ol boy I worked for at that time told me the coon would be back by dark and would be in my trash that night. I said no freaking way!

Forward to the next morning. I had reset the trap for safe measures and to make sure there were not two coons working as a team. Of course I trapped another that night and thought..... I would just do a little test.

Young, stupid and curious led me to grabbing a can of bright orange survey marker paint, painting that coon blaze orange. Threw the trap in the bed of my old truck and went up the road to approximate the same spot as the previous morning and kicked the coon out.

Yep, you guessed it, trapped him again two nights later. Proved right quick, only one way to stop a coon from getting in your garbage or feed bin!

Always thought about if a person happened to see that ol coon making his way back glowing orange like he was........

Best of luck with your trash spreader.

Rwc

Comment

Haha this is a funny thread. Reminds of my uncle doing the same thing. Chasing vermin in the middle of the night in his yard with a crossbow. He shot once, missed the coon. Bolt skipped off the curb and into the side of my cousins new Mustang.

Comment

I had a family of raccoons raiding the dog food container on the porch. I removed a window screen and put an empty coffee can on top of the dog food. I as awakened by the can hitting the ground and went to the window with my trusty pellet gun. One at a time the coons came in from the bushes across the patio. One at a time they were shot. I had several laying on the porch and a couple in the bushes. I went outside to clean them up and one sticks his head out of the container. He got one between the eyes. I shot mom and dad plus every single little one they had. It was a great night. I hope you get as much satisfaction as I did.

Comment

My Brother and I honed our hunting and marksmanship as small childeren sitting on top of our refrigerator in complete darkness listening for a mouse. When a mouse was heard one of us would switch on the kitchen light the other would try to shoot it with a Daisy BB gun. When we missed the light would go back off and we would resume listening. I don't recall a mouse ever being shot. O yes that's right we were small enough that both of us could sit on top of the refrigerator.

Comment

That is doggone funny, but your poor mom probably had nightmares over that fridge possum sight.

Comment

he no showed me again last night. he must be smarter than i thought.....

Comment

Working...
                              X