No announcement yet.

You too can feel like a genius!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LMFAO says the websites wrong and proceeds to check the website for another store. Its so hit or miss for me on knowledgeable associates at hardware stores.

Comment

Lowes used to be my "go to", but they've gone down hill in thier tools and quality of employees which has sent me to Home Depot. I can't say HD is stellar, but they've been better than Lowes.

#1 rule - never ask for or accept help. It's generally a time waster and they usually look to the same app I use for help.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

Comment

*you’re - good grief!

Comment

I think I help more people in Lowes than I have ever been helped.

Comment

Originally posted by RifleBowPistol View Post
            Home Depot hires the same people.

A month ago, I made the mistake of trying to buy 138 20' sticks of 1/2" rebar. It said the rebar is on isle 19, I found a tag for that item, then it had a location, on the tag, but no place in the general area for any sticks of rebar, other than the various sizes of 10' stuff they had.

So I went to a register, asked clerk to look them up, showed her a picture of the tag, with their number for the rebar I wanted. She said they had 198 of them. I asked you are sure. She said that's what it shows. So I bought 138 of them. Then afterwards, I was told they were busy and I would have to wait probably an hour to get loaded up. So I said you tell me where they are and I will start loading them, better than me standing around for an hour looking lost

So she asked someone else, that person told her, they were locked up outside in the pro cage. So joy, joy, I get to wait my turn to get loaded up.

So I waited for quite a while, right at the large automatic exit doors by the registers. Naturally all employees were good at not seeing me standing there. Then eventually some young guys were helping a woman load up a bunch of lumber, they obviously were not happy, with the project they were given. I asked them about the rebar, they said the fork lift was being used. Then pointed out the fork lift being run, in the back of the store. I was told to inform those guys with the forklift, that I needed help with rebar.

So more time went past. Then the two guys with the forklift, came up front with a bunch of lumber. Then tried to load it up in some customer's trailer. They were not doing to good, getting the last 3' of those boards in the trailer. I watched for a while, then, went over and told them what to try. My idea worked and they got the lumber loaded quickly. I heard what they were planning on doing. That was going to take quite a while, it was obvious neither of them wanted any part of the idea they came up with. So things came to a complete stop, till I gave them my idea. So once they got the lumber loaded, they asked me what I needed, they acted very eager to help me. So I told them I needed 138 20' sticks of 1/2" rebar, then their enthusiasm suddenly went away.

But I had them, so the skinny guy, went and checked the pro cage, which is around the side of the building, where I had previously been told to park my truck. So I had truck trailer and excavator by the pro cage. Well 5 minutes later he came back and said there were not any sticks of rebar in the pro cage, they had to be inside. So we walked all over inside the store, asked a bunch of people. Got different ideas, looked many places, no rebar. So then we walked all the way around the building, because someone said, it was around the back side of the build. It was nice and warm. We spent a good hour out side looking for rebar. Eventually they decided they did not have any rebar. Yeah great. So I was told to go to customer service and get a refund.

So I go to customer service to get a refund. If things had not been enough fun, it was about to get better. I talk to a woman at customer service, tell her, that I want my money back on the rebar, that they don't have any in stock. She wants to know where the rebar is I am returning. I repeatedly explained that I bought the rebar at 10:45 this morning, at this point, it was around 2:45. I had never left the store. And that I waited to get loaded, then I and multiple store employees searched for the rebar, and none seems to exists on the property. So I want my money back. She was not going to give me my money back, unless I gave them the rebar back.

Then about that time, a guy who seemed to be an assistant manager, came by saw me and over heard the conversation. He had been out back, when we were looking for the rebar, we asked him, he was one of the people who gave suggestions on where to look.

Luckily that guy showed up, he confirmed my story, and got the woman working in customer service to give me a refund.

This was in Seguin. They told me the New Braunfels store was supposed to have more than 138, I don't remember the number that store was supposed to have. I know theft over there at the New Braunfels store, is very common. So I really did not want to drive over there, with the trailer and excavator on the truck, hoping they actually had some rebar. More than likely if they kept it outside, it had long been stolen. So I really did not want to drive all the way over there.

So I went out to my truck around the side of the building, by the pro cage and started to get in my truck. Then stopped and decided I should look in that pro cage myself, I never looked in there, I took the word of that young skinny guy who I have figured out likes to get out of working. I have dealt with him a few other times. So I checked. Wow! There was a bunch of 1/2" 20' sticks of rebar, way back in the back of the pro cage, behind a bunch of pallets of PVC pipe, and bags of fertilizer.

So I decided those pricks waisted a bunch of my day, I am going to go back in there and drag their *****es back out here in this wonderful 105 degree weather and make them get that rebar out. At this time it was 3:30, I was not in a good mood.

So I went back inside, found the same woman who had rung me up hours earlier, she still remembered me. I told her about doing the refund, and now finding the rebar, but I wanted someone to go out there, unlock the cage and count all of that rebar and make sure there was at least 138 pieces before I paid for them, since I had so much fun trying to get a refund on items I never received. That woman talked to a manager, who talked to me. I made the whole situation very clear. I wanted to know exactly how many sticks of rebar were in that cage, if they had enough, I would buy them. But I was not paying for them until they counted.

So she sent two guys out there to count them, they came back in, one said there was only about 92, the other guy said, there was plenty, more than 138. I made it clear, I did not like their answers, but they both walked off. So I paid for 138 sticks again, and made it clear, if there is not 138 sticks out there, I am going to get very loud.

I waited around for the forklift guys again. Well while I was waiting, I see them clock out and walk out the front door. I noticed new guys had showed up 15 minutes earlier. I got handed off to the new shift. Those guys got informed of the situation. Those guys went on the hunt, inside the store for 20 ft. sticks of rebar. I told them I found them outside. They obviously did not want to go outside and get those. One of the two new crew, went out there and looked in the pro cage and saw all the crap that had to be moved. That's when he claimed he had seen a bunch of 20' sticks on the top shelf inside.

We eventually came to the realization we were going to have to go outside and clear out the pro cage and then get the rebar out. We obviously wanted to do anything but that. So they finally went and opened the pro cage, then another guy showed up, with the forklift, older guy, much more motivated than the 20 year olds I had been dealing with all day. That guy moved all of the pallets, PVC and other crap out of the way, then got the rebar and picked it up and slowly moved it out. He got it out, then we had to unload the rebar off the pallet and load it on the trailer by hand. But finally around 5:30 ish, I had 138 20' sticks of rebar. Turns out they had exactly 138 sticks of rebar. They did not have 198, like their computer said at 10:45, that morning.

I pretty much put in a full days work at Home Depot and I paid them $1800, or something along those lines, I did not get paid a dime.

Let me tell you those 20 year olds think they are masters at getting out of work. They are pretty good at it, they will ghost on you in the blink of an eye. Hand you off to the first person, they can, then go hide. The guy who finally got the job done, was probably 60 years old. Took him an hour or less to get done, what six 20 year olds spent most of the day trying to get out of.
            Dang man, that’s a bunch of typing. Makes my temples hurt just to look at it. I could not read it but really thought how much skill that took to type it out on a phone .

Comment

Been there.

Comment

When I go to Lowes or Home Depot I call ahead the same, and plan for a minimum 2 hour journey. At the moment Home Depot people are blowing the Lowes folks away in our area. Needed to cut a 2x12 the other day and the lowes employee handed me a handsaw with minutes to close (not kidding). I would have took the trailer had I known but its a 25 round trip for me. He had a frown on his face. I dropped everything and left, went to Home Depot the next day.

Comment

I’m just glad these folks are actually getting up and going to work. A lot of others could learn something from them.

But **** is it aggravating when they waste a bunch of your time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

A few years back I was in Lowes after Christmas. They had a section over to the side that said all Christmas items were 50% off. I saw those green extension cords with multiple plugs so I bought two. Went to check out and was charged full price. I said they were in the Christmas section so they should be 50% off. Manager came over so I took him to where I found the cords. Right under the sign that says Christmas items 50% off. He says yes, but those are not Christmas items. I ask why they are in this sale section? He said that although they are in the Christmas section they are not considered Christmas items. I told him that was misleading and seems like Lowes is trying to trick people. He disagreed and started talking down to me. I almost went to jail that day.
                    Last edited by hot_rod_eddie; 08-07-2022, 06:24 AM.

Comment

Couple months ago a young associate asked if he could help me find something. Bless his heart, he had snowflake written all over him.....I couldn't resist....
                      SF - can I help you find something?
                      Me - I'm looking for an adjustable metric wrench.
                      SF - (with puzzled look) Lets look over in the tool section.
                      Me - oh ya...I shoulda looked there.
                      After SF walks a couple aisles he looked at me and asked....what were you needing?
                      Me - an adjustable metric wrench.. you know, the red ones.
                      SF starts scrolling his phone thingy when the old retired tool guy walks up, uh-oh....
                      TG - what are yall looking for?
                      SF - an adjustable metric wrench?
                      Now TG was old school and knew his tools....
                      He looked at SF like he was an idiot then looked at me.....I couldn't help it and just busted up. Snowflakes bottom lip started quivering and seriously nearly started crying.
                      I felt terrible and apologized to him but he wasn't having it. He looked at me like he hated me and I said "lighten up kid it was a joke! ".
                      I still feel bad about that.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Jeff at the Lowe's in League city is on point

Comment

Originally posted by bakin7005 View Post
                          Couple months ago a young associate asked if he could help me find something. Bless his heart, he had snowflake written all over him.....I couldn't resist....
                          SF - can I help you find something?
                          Me - I'm looking for an adjustable metric wrench.
                          SF - (with puzzled look) Lets look over in the tool section.
                          Me - oh ya...I shoulda looked there.
                          After SF walks a couple aisles he looked at me and asked....what were you needing?
                          Me - an adjustable metric wrench.. you know, the red ones.
                          SF starts scrolling his phone thingy when the old retired tool guy walks up, uh-oh....
                          TG - what are yall looking for?
                          SF - an adjustable metric wrench?
                          Now TG was old school and knew his tools....
                          He looked at SF like he was an idiot then looked at me.....I couldn't help it and just busted up. Snowflakes bottom lip started quivering and seriously nearly started crying.
                          I felt terrible and apologized to him but he wasn't having it. He looked at me like he hated me and I said "lighten up kid it was a joke! ".
                          I still feel bad about that.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

That’s funny. I’m going to have to try it.

Makes me wonder it they have a bucket of steam. LOL!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Round 2……… “final jeopardy”

MaGoo and I went the opposite direction today. Store said 16 in stock. Grab a flat and said “I need another bag of microfiber towels!” I know they are in the mop and cleaning section so I turn down it and didn’t see them immediately. And I’ll be dang “can I help ya?”…. I knew better, it was just force of habit.
                            - looking for the blue microfiber towels

“Oh they are in the paint section” and yonder he goes… the millisecond he turned I spotted them 12” from his knee. Lol

Off to the back to get the deck mud and spot is empty…. So I started looking before someone offered to “help”. Found a new pallet on the top. Had to get the certified forklift operator there. Took no more than 3-4 minutes…. Cause he was going Mach 3. Lol. He crashed the entire row of displays and pallets. BUT I got my goods and stocked up for a few others while I could. Maybe I won’t have to go back for the year

Comment

Glad you found what you needed

If you have half a lick of sense you are better off finding your own stuff most of the time.
                              There are a few in the Lindale store that are helpful and know their stuff. Otherwise I just tell them I am looking
                              That app is worthless 99% of the time

Comment

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result . Shopping in a big box store and expecting a happy outcome

Comment

Working...
                                X